Rugby Union: Saracens Women thump Gloucester-Hartpury in Tyrells Premier 15s semi-final first leg
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tyrells Premier 15s semi-final first leg: Gloucester-Hartpury 0 Saracens Women 62
Saracens Women are halfway to the Tyrells Premier 15s final after a 62-0 success away to Gloucester-Hartpury in the play-off semi-final first leg.
Saracens scored an incredible four tries in the opening 20 minutes as Marlie Packer was driven over, before 18-year-old Helena Rowland ghosted through to dive beneath the posts.
Prop Samantha Martinez-Gion added a third, before Charlotte Clapp got the fourth after a Zoe Harrison intercept and dart, which saw her stopped just before the line.
Clapp sliced through the line again soon after, with Bryony Cleall this time on hand to get over the line and give Sarries a 33-0 lead at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Botterman added the sixth with Packer going over for her second on 55 minutes with Garnet Mackinder getting herself on the scoresheet.
Poppy Cleall had Saracens’ ninth on 68 minutes with Mackinder’s second rounding off a fine afternoon’s work for the visitors.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12