Rugby Union: Saracens Women suffer first loss of Tyrells Premier 15s campaign at Wasps Ladies
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tyrells Premier 15s: Wasps Ladies 5 Saracens Women 0
Saracens Women suffered a first defeat of the Tyrells Premier 15s season after losing 5-0 at Wasps Ladies.
Both sides showed plenty of attacking intent, but the crucial moment came 12 minutes from time.
Sarries lost Bryony Cleall to the sin-bin and England star Danielle Waterman made the most of Wasps’ numerical advantage, speeding past the defence to score.
The north Londoners piled on the pressure late on in search of a try, but the home defence held strong to secure a ninth win of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Despite losing for the first time this term, Saracens remain at the top of the table and are six points clear of Harlequins Ladies, who are currently second.
Saracens will hope for a better result on February 3 when they entertain Richmond in a London derby at Allianz Park.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 6 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 10 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
When the sides met earlier in the competition, Saracens were able to record a 29-0 success at Richmond and they will want a similar result next month.