Rugby Union: Saracens Women suffer first loss of Tyrells Premier 15s campaign at Wasps Ladies
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tyrells Premier 15s: Wasps Ladies 5 Saracens Women 0
Saracens Women suffered a first defeat of the Tyrells Premier 15s season after losing 5-0 at Wasps Ladies.
Both sides showed plenty of attacking intent, but the crucial moment came 12 minutes from time.
Sarries lost Bryony Cleall to the sin-bin and England star Danielle Waterman made the most of Wasps’ numerical advantage, speeding past the defence to score.
The north Londoners piled on the pressure late on in search of a try, but the home defence held strong to secure a ninth win of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Despite losing for the first time this term, Saracens remain at the top of the table and are six points clear of Harlequins Ladies, who are currently second.
Saracens will hope for a better result on February 3 when they entertain Richmond in a London derby at Allianz Park.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 3 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit
- 9 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
When the sides met earlier in the competition, Saracens were able to record a 29-0 success at Richmond and they will want a similar result next month.