Rugby Union: Saracens Women suffer first loss of Tyrells Premier 15s campaign at Wasps Ladies
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tyrells Premier 15s: Wasps Ladies 5 Saracens Women 0
Saracens Women suffered a first defeat of the Tyrells Premier 15s season after losing 5-0 at Wasps Ladies.
Both sides showed plenty of attacking intent, but the crucial moment came 12 minutes from time.
Sarries lost Bryony Cleall to the sin-bin and England star Danielle Waterman made the most of Wasps’ numerical advantage, speeding past the defence to score.
The north Londoners piled on the pressure late on in search of a try, but the home defence held strong to secure a ninth win of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Despite losing for the first time this term, Saracens remain at the top of the table and are six points clear of Harlequins Ladies, who are currently second.
Saracens will hope for a better result on February 3 when they entertain Richmond in a London derby at Allianz Park.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 8 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 9 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
When the sides met earlier in the competition, Saracens were able to record a 29-0 success at Richmond and they will want a similar result next month.