Rugby Union: Saracens Women suffer first loss of Tyrells Premier 15s campaign at Wasps Ladies
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tyrells Premier 15s: Wasps Ladies 5 Saracens Women 0
Saracens Women suffered a first defeat of the Tyrells Premier 15s season after losing 5-0 at Wasps Ladies.
Both sides showed plenty of attacking intent, but the crucial moment came 12 minutes from time.
Sarries lost Bryony Cleall to the sin-bin and England star Danielle Waterman made the most of Wasps’ numerical advantage, speeding past the defence to score.
The north Londoners piled on the pressure late on in search of a try, but the home defence held strong to secure a ninth win of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Despite losing for the first time this term, Saracens remain at the top of the table and are six points clear of Harlequins Ladies, who are currently second.
Saracens will hope for a better result on February 3 when they entertain Richmond in a London derby at Allianz Park.
- 1 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 9 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 10 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
When the sides met earlier in the competition, Saracens were able to record a 29-0 success at Richmond and they will want a similar result next month.