Rugby Union: Saracens Women beat Richmond to strengthen grip on top spot in Tyrells Premier 15s
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tyrells Premier 15s: Saracens Women 41 Richmond 0
Emma Uren scored twice as Saracens Women maintained their position at the top of the Tyrrells Premier 15s table with a commanding 41-0 win over Richmond.
The hosts were in control of the game right from the start when Bryony Cleall looked to have touched down after good work from the home pack, but Richmond were penalised for collapsing the scrum and a penalty try awarded.
Lotte Clapp went over for the second try when she collected Helena Rowland’s perfectly weighted kick before Rosie Galligan made it 17-0 at the break.
The bonus point was wrapped up early in the second half when Cleall crashed over. Two tries from Uren and another form Garnet Mackinder put the gloss on the Saracens victory.
You may also want to watch:
The win means Saracens remain at the top of the pack, ahead of nearest challengers Harlequins, who are 10 points back in second.
Sarries are next in action at home to Gloucester-Hartpury on February 17.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 10 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs