Rugby Union: Saracens to start European Champions Cup defence at Northampton Saints
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fixtures for the first four rounds of this year’s group stage have been confirmed
Saracens will begin the defence of their European Champions Cup title at Aviva Premiership rivals Northampton Saints on October 15.
The fixtures for the first four matchdays of this year’s group stages were announced on Tuesday afternoon.
The clash with Northampton at Franklin’s Gardens is set to take place at 5.30pm on October 15 as Sarries, the two-time defending champions, get their campaign underway.
On October 21, Mark McCall’s men return to Allianz Park when they entertain Welsh side Ospreys, with a 7.45pm start.
You may also want to watch:
After a short break, the north London club return to European action on December 10 when they host French Top 14 club Clermont Auvernge at 3.15pm.
A week later, the club’s meet again in the reverse fixture, again with kick-off at 3.15pm British time at the Stade Marcel Michelin.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
The date and time of the home clash against Northampton and the trip to Ospreys will be confirmed at a later date.