Rugby Union: Saracens to start European Champions Cup defence at Northampton Saints
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fixtures for the first four rounds of this year’s group stage have been confirmed
Saracens will begin the defence of their European Champions Cup title at Aviva Premiership rivals Northampton Saints on October 15.
The fixtures for the first four matchdays of this year’s group stages were announced on Tuesday afternoon.
The clash with Northampton at Franklin’s Gardens is set to take place at 5.30pm on October 15 as Sarries, the two-time defending champions, get their campaign underway.
On October 21, Mark McCall’s men return to Allianz Park when they entertain Welsh side Ospreys, with a 7.45pm start.
You may also want to watch:
After a short break, the north London club return to European action on December 10 when they host French Top 14 club Clermont Auvernge at 3.15pm.
A week later, the club’s meet again in the reverse fixture, again with kick-off at 3.15pm British time at the Stade Marcel Michelin.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
The date and time of the home clash against Northampton and the trip to Ospreys will be confirmed at a later date.