Rugby Union: Saracens to start European Champions Cup defence at Northampton Saints
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fixtures for the first four rounds of this year’s group stage have been confirmed
Saracens will begin the defence of their European Champions Cup title at Aviva Premiership rivals Northampton Saints on October 15.
The fixtures for the first four matchdays of this year’s group stages were announced on Tuesday afternoon.
The clash with Northampton at Franklin’s Gardens is set to take place at 5.30pm on October 15 as Sarries, the two-time defending champions, get their campaign underway.
On October 21, Mark McCall’s men return to Allianz Park when they entertain Welsh side Ospreys, with a 7.45pm start.
You may also want to watch:
After a short break, the north London club return to European action on December 10 when they host French Top 14 club Clermont Auvernge at 3.15pm.
A week later, the club’s meet again in the reverse fixture, again with kick-off at 3.15pm British time at the Stade Marcel Michelin.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
The date and time of the home clash against Northampton and the trip to Ospreys will be confirmed at a later date.