Rugby Union: Saracens to start European Champions Cup defence at Northampton Saints
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fixtures for the first four rounds of this year’s group stage have been confirmed
Saracens will begin the defence of their European Champions Cup title at Aviva Premiership rivals Northampton Saints on October 15.
The fixtures for the first four matchdays of this year’s group stages were announced on Tuesday afternoon.
The clash with Northampton at Franklin’s Gardens is set to take place at 5.30pm on October 15 as Sarries, the two-time defending champions, get their campaign underway.
On October 21, Mark McCall’s men return to Allianz Park when they entertain Welsh side Ospreys, with a 7.45pm start.
After a short break, the north London club return to European action on December 10 when they host French Top 14 club Clermont Auvernge at 3.15pm.
A week later, the club’s meet again in the reverse fixture, again with kick-off at 3.15pm British time at the Stade Marcel Michelin.
- 1 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Artist with autism gets purr of approval from Grayson Perry
- 4 Camden recycling ‘indiscriminately’ contaminated as lorry issues persist
- 5 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 6 Ramsey Court: Residents send letter to Gove in attempt to stop development
- 7 Boy, 14, charged following Harringay Sainsbury's stabbing
- 8 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 9 Colourful Crouch End bollards to get a repaint due to 'safety' concerns
- 10 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
The date and time of the home clash against Northampton and the trip to Ospreys will be confirmed at a later date.