Rugby Union: Saracens to start European Champions Cup defence at Northampton Saints
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fixtures for the first four rounds of this year’s group stage have been confirmed
Saracens will begin the defence of their European Champions Cup title at Aviva Premiership rivals Northampton Saints on October 15.
The fixtures for the first four matchdays of this year’s group stages were announced on Tuesday afternoon.
The clash with Northampton at Franklin’s Gardens is set to take place at 5.30pm on October 15 as Sarries, the two-time defending champions, get their campaign underway.
On October 21, Mark McCall’s men return to Allianz Park when they entertain Welsh side Ospreys, with a 7.45pm start.
After a short break, the north London club return to European action on December 10 when they host French Top 14 club Clermont Auvernge at 3.15pm.
A week later, the club’s meet again in the reverse fixture, again with kick-off at 3.15pm British time at the Stade Marcel Michelin.
- 1 'No one hurt' as branch crashes to ground at Hampstead Heath
- 2 Cycle lanes welcomed by riders but traders express frustration
- 3 Cement lorry leaks 'concrete puddle' onto Highgate road
- 4 Elderly disabled woman 'racially abused' on Camden bus
- 5 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
- 6 Liz Truss backs a fully inclusive conversion therapy ban, says MP
- 7 People flouting barbecue ban in Waterlow Park
- 8 Crouch End baker awarded Badge of the Order of Mercy for his charity work
- 9 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
- 10 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
The date and time of the home clash against Northampton and the trip to Ospreys will be confirmed at a later date.