Rugby Union: Saracens star Owen Farrell scores all the points for England in Six Nations defeat to Scotland
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A round-up of how Saracens players fared on international duty in the Six Nations
Saracens back Owen Farrell scored all of England’s points in a 25-13 defeat away to Scotland in the Six Nations on Saturday.
Farrell, who played at inside centre, was one of three Sarries to start for Eddie Jones’ men, along with prop Mako Vunipola and Maro Itoje in the second row.
Two penalties from the 26-year-old saw England trail 22-6 at the interval at Murrayfield.
Farrell crossed for a try just three minutes into the second half which he then converted to offer the two-time defending champions hope of a comeback.
You may also want to watch:
However, that proved to England’s final points of the match, with Scotland kicking another penalty to extend their lead.
Farrell lasted the entire match for England, as did Itoje, while Vunipola was replaced in the 68th minute.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
Fellow Saracens players Jamie George, George Kruis and Richard Wigglesworth all came on as second half replacements.
The result brought an end to England’s hopes of another Grand Slam, though they remain well in the hunt for the title.
For Scotland, meanwhile, Sarries wing Sean Maitland played the full match and scored the second try for the victors as they won the Calcutta Cup for the first time since 2008.
Fellow wing Liam Williams played 63 minutes for Wales in their 37-27 defeat away to Ireland.
In the Women’s Six Nations, Saracens Women pair Lauren Cattell and Poppy Cleall in a 43-8 demoltion away to Scotland.
The pair were joined in the matchday squad by club colleagues Marlie Packer, who was named among the replacements.
After three rounds of matches, England remain top of the standings having taken maximum points from each of their three games so far.