Rugby Union: Saracens six in England women’s team
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Six Saracens players have been named in the England women’s team for a training camp this weekend.
Marlie Packer, Poppy Cleall, Hannah Botterman, Lotte Clapp, Zoe Harrison and Lauren Cattell have all been selected.
A squad of 43 players will convene on Friday for the three-day training camp, before Middleton will select a smaller group to take part in two behind-closed-doors training games against South Africa in Aldershot later this month.
The camp will provide a chance for the squad to come together for the first time following the Women’s World Cup in August and begin preparations ahead of the Old Mutual Wealth Series that will see England play Canada in a three Test series.
“This year we are doing things differently and bringing together an extended training squad of 43 players with the objective being twofold,” said Middleton.
You may also want to watch:
“Firstly to allow us to select the strongest squad for the upcoming season and secondly give new talent invaluable playing opportunities as part of an international training team in games against South Africa.
“Off the back of the training camp and training games we’ll reduce the extended training squad numbers and name an EPS squad, who we feel is right for the upcoming season.”
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 7 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash