Rugby Union: Saracens sign Tom Woolstencroft from London Irish
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Aviva Premiership side add to front row options ahead of 2018/19 campaign
Saracens have signed hooker Tom Woolstencroft from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish for the 2018/19 season.
The 23-year-old began his career with Bath, where he progressed through the West Country club’s academy.
Initially a back row forward, Woolstencroft switched to the front row on the advice of Bath legend and former Sarries lock Danny Grewcock.
The hooker was part of the England squad that won the 2014 IRB Junior World Championship, and Woolstencroft is looking forward to adding to his medal collection during his time with Saracens.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very grateful to Irish for giving me the opportunity to be back playing this season after a long spell with injury. They’re a great club and I’ve loved my time there,” he told the club website.
“I’m really looking forward to joining Saracens this summer and establishing myself in the squad. It’s a great set up and somewhere to improve as a player.”
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release