Rugby Union: Saracens sign Tom Woolstencroft from London Irish
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Aviva Premiership side add to front row options ahead of 2018/19 campaign
Saracens have signed hooker Tom Woolstencroft from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish for the 2018/19 season.
The 23-year-old began his career with Bath, where he progressed through the West Country club’s academy.
Initially a back row forward, Woolstencroft switched to the front row on the advice of Bath legend and former Sarries lock Danny Grewcock.
The hooker was part of the England squad that won the 2014 IRB Junior World Championship, and Woolstencroft is looking forward to adding to his medal collection during his time with Saracens.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very grateful to Irish for giving me the opportunity to be back playing this season after a long spell with injury. They’re a great club and I’ve loved my time there,” he told the club website.
“I’m really looking forward to joining Saracens this summer and establishing myself in the squad. It’s a great set up and somewhere to improve as a player.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'