Rugby Union: Saracens sign Tom Woolstencroft from London Irish
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Aviva Premiership side add to front row options ahead of 2018/19 campaign
Saracens have signed hooker Tom Woolstencroft from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish for the 2018/19 season.
The 23-year-old began his career with Bath, where he progressed through the West Country club’s academy.
Initially a back row forward, Woolstencroft switched to the front row on the advice of Bath legend and former Sarries lock Danny Grewcock.
The hooker was part of the England squad that won the 2014 IRB Junior World Championship, and Woolstencroft is looking forward to adding to his medal collection during his time with Saracens.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very grateful to Irish for giving me the opportunity to be back playing this season after a long spell with injury. They’re a great club and I’ve loved my time there,” he told the club website.
“I’m really looking forward to joining Saracens this summer and establishing myself in the squad. It’s a great set up and somewhere to improve as a player.”
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again