Rugby Union: Saracens sign Nic Stirzaker on three-month deal
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Scrum-half arrives from Melbourne Rebels after agreeing short-term contract
Saracens have signed scrum-half Nic Stirzaker from Super Rugby side Melbourne Rebels on a three-month deal.
The London-born 26-year-old returns to the capital on a short-term deal and will compete with the likes of Richard Wigglesworth and Ben Spencer to start.
Stirzaker, who played for the Barbarians last year, could make his bow for their north Londoners when they visit Wasps in the Aviva Premiership on Sunday.
And the new signing cannot wait to get started, telling the club website: “I’ve settled in really well, St Albans is a cool place.
You may also want to watch:
“The club’s been really great and it’s a cool bunch of guys.
“The last couple of games have been two good wins so it’s a good place to be around.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
“I’m looking forward to learning from some really quality players here as well as learning from the way the team plays.
“The game is based around a kick-chase and accurate kicking, which is something I’m really keen to develop.”