Rugby Union: Saracens sign Nic Stirzaker on three-month deal
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Scrum-half arrives from Melbourne Rebels after agreeing short-term contract
Saracens have signed scrum-half Nic Stirzaker from Super Rugby side Melbourne Rebels on a three-month deal.
The London-born 26-year-old returns to the capital on a short-term deal and will compete with the likes of Richard Wigglesworth and Ben Spencer to start.
Stirzaker, who played for the Barbarians last year, could make his bow for their north Londoners when they visit Wasps in the Aviva Premiership on Sunday.
And the new signing cannot wait to get started, telling the club website: “I’ve settled in really well, St Albans is a cool place.
You may also want to watch:
“The club’s been really great and it’s a cool bunch of guys.
“The last couple of games have been two good wins so it’s a good place to be around.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
“I’m looking forward to learning from some really quality players here as well as learning from the way the team plays.
“The game is based around a kick-chase and accurate kicking, which is something I’m really keen to develop.”