Rugby Union: Saracens sign Nic Stirzaker on three-month deal
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Scrum-half arrives from Melbourne Rebels after agreeing short-term contract
Saracens have signed scrum-half Nic Stirzaker from Super Rugby side Melbourne Rebels on a three-month deal.
The London-born 26-year-old returns to the capital on a short-term deal and will compete with the likes of Richard Wigglesworth and Ben Spencer to start.
Stirzaker, who played for the Barbarians last year, could make his bow for their north Londoners when they visit Wasps in the Aviva Premiership on Sunday.
And the new signing cannot wait to get started, telling the club website: “I’ve settled in really well, St Albans is a cool place.
You may also want to watch:
“The club’s been really great and it’s a cool bunch of guys.
“The last couple of games have been two good wins so it’s a good place to be around.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
“I’m looking forward to learning from some really quality players here as well as learning from the way the team plays.
“The game is based around a kick-chase and accurate kicking, which is something I’m really keen to develop.”