Rugby Union: Saracens sign Nic Stirzaker on three-month deal
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Scrum-half arrives from Melbourne Rebels after agreeing short-term contract
Saracens have signed scrum-half Nic Stirzaker from Super Rugby side Melbourne Rebels on a three-month deal.
The London-born 26-year-old returns to the capital on a short-term deal and will compete with the likes of Richard Wigglesworth and Ben Spencer to start.
Stirzaker, who played for the Barbarians last year, could make his bow for their north Londoners when they visit Wasps in the Aviva Premiership on Sunday.
And the new signing cannot wait to get started, telling the club website: “I’ve settled in really well, St Albans is a cool place.
You may also want to watch:
“The club’s been really great and it’s a cool bunch of guys.
“The last couple of games have been two good wins so it’s a good place to be around.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
“I’m looking forward to learning from some really quality players here as well as learning from the way the team plays.
“The game is based around a kick-chase and accurate kicking, which is something I’m really keen to develop.”