Rugby Union: Saracens sign Blair Cowan on loan until end of season
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scotland international joins from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish
Saracens have signed back row forward Blair Cowan on loan from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish until the end of the season.
The 31-year-old, who has been capped 17 times by Scotland, moves to Allianz Park to help ease the north Londoners’ injury crisis among back row forwards.
Mark McCall’s men are currently without the likes of internationals such as South African Schalk Burger and England pair Billy Vunipola and Calum Clark.
New Zealand-born Cowan can operate anywhere across the back row and will add vital depth to the Sarries’ squad at a crucial stage of the season.
“We’re very fortunate to bring in a player of Blair’s experience and quality,” McCall told the club website.
“He will provide great cover for the amount of injuries we have in the back row and we’re extremely grateful to London Irish for allowing him to join us.”
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 5 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
As part of the loan deal, London Irish can recall Cowan at any time.