Rugby Union: Saracens sign Blair Cowan on loan until end of season
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scotland international joins from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish
Saracens have signed back row forward Blair Cowan on loan from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish until the end of the season.
The 31-year-old, who has been capped 17 times by Scotland, moves to Allianz Park to help ease the north Londoners’ injury crisis among back row forwards.
Mark McCall’s men are currently without the likes of internationals such as South African Schalk Burger and England pair Billy Vunipola and Calum Clark.
New Zealand-born Cowan can operate anywhere across the back row and will add vital depth to the Sarries’ squad at a crucial stage of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re very fortunate to bring in a player of Blair’s experience and quality,” McCall told the club website.
“He will provide great cover for the amount of injuries we have in the back row and we’re extremely grateful to London Irish for allowing him to join us.”
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 10 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
As part of the loan deal, London Irish can recall Cowan at any time.