Rugby Union: Saracens sign Blair Cowan on loan until end of season
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scotland international joins from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish
Saracens have signed back row forward Blair Cowan on loan from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish until the end of the season.
The 31-year-old, who has been capped 17 times by Scotland, moves to Allianz Park to help ease the north Londoners’ injury crisis among back row forwards.
Mark McCall’s men are currently without the likes of internationals such as South African Schalk Burger and England pair Billy Vunipola and Calum Clark.
New Zealand-born Cowan can operate anywhere across the back row and will add vital depth to the Sarries’ squad at a crucial stage of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re very fortunate to bring in a player of Blair’s experience and quality,” McCall told the club website.
“He will provide great cover for the amount of injuries we have in the back row and we’re extremely grateful to London Irish for allowing him to join us.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 7 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
As part of the loan deal, London Irish can recall Cowan at any time.