Rugby Union: Saracens sign Blair Cowan on loan until end of season
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scotland international joins from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish
Saracens have signed back row forward Blair Cowan on loan from Aviva Premiership rivals London Irish until the end of the season.
The 31-year-old, who has been capped 17 times by Scotland, moves to Allianz Park to help ease the north Londoners’ injury crisis among back row forwards.
Mark McCall’s men are currently without the likes of internationals such as South African Schalk Burger and England pair Billy Vunipola and Calum Clark.
New Zealand-born Cowan can operate anywhere across the back row and will add vital depth to the Sarries’ squad at a crucial stage of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re very fortunate to bring in a player of Blair’s experience and quality,” McCall told the club website.
“He will provide great cover for the amount of injuries we have in the back row and we’re extremely grateful to London Irish for allowing him to join us.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
As part of the loan deal, London Irish can recall Cowan at any time.