Rugby Union: Saracens scrum half Richard Wigglesworth to start for England in Six Nations against Ireland
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries back will start first Test for country in almost three years on Saturday
Richard Wigglesworth will start a Test match for England for the first time in almost three years when Eddie Jones’ men host Ireland in the final round of Six Nations matches this weekend.
The Saracens scrum half has not started a Test for the Red Roses since the World Cup warm-up match against France at Twickenham in August 2015.
However, the 34-year-old will start just the ninth game for his country this Saturday, and is joined in the half backs by club colleague Owen Farrell, who has moved to fly-half from inside centre.
There is another Saracens combination in the second row, with George Kruis joining Maro Itoje, while Mako Vunipola starts in the front row.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie George, however, drops to the replacements after starting against France in the absence of hooker Dylan Hartley, who is now fit again.
England XV to face Ireland: Watson; May, Joseph, Te’o, Daly; Farrell, Wigglesworth; Vunipola, Hartley, Sinckler; Itoje, Kruis; Robshaw, Haskell, Simmonds.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
Replacements: George, Marler, Cole, Launchbury, Armand, Care, Ford, Brown.
• Saracens back Liam Williams will start on the wing for Wales against France in the Six Nations, with Sean Maitland doing the same for Scotland against Italy.
Flanker Ben Earl will captain England under-20s when they face Ireland in Coventry on Friday.
Poppy Cleall and Marlie Packer start for England Women against Ireland, with Zoe Harrison among the replacements.