Rugby Union: Saracens players Mako Vunipola, Jamie George, George Kruis, Owen Farrell and Maro Itoje in British & Irish Lions squad to face Crusaders
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
All five Sarries players on tour set to feature against Super Rugby franchise
All five Saracens players in the British & Irish Lions touring squad have been named in the matchday 23 to face Super Rugby franchise Crusaders on Saturday.
The Lions will hope to bounce back in Christchurch, having been beaten for the first time on their tour of New Zealand on Wednesday, going down to Blues in Auckland.
Head coach Warren Gatland has named a completely-changed starting XV, with first tour starts for prop Mako Vunipola, hooker Jamie George, lock George Kruis and fly-half Owen Farrell.
After starting Wednesday’s defeat, fellow Sarries player Maro Itoje takes his place on the bench as a replacement lock.
You may also want to watch:
Another player named in the starting XV is Welsh winger Liam Williams, who will join Sarries from Pro12 champions Scarlets after the tour to New Zealand.
Lions squad to face Crusaders: Hogg (Scotland/Glasgow Warriors); North (Wales/Northampton Saints), Davies (Wales/Scarlets), Te’o (England/Worcester Warriors), Williams (Wales/Scarlets); Farrell (England/Saracens), Murray (Ireland/Munster); Vunipola (England/Saracens), George (England/Saracens), Furlong (Ireland/Leinster); Jones (Wales/Ospreys), Kruis (England/Saracens); O’Mahony (Ireland/Munster), O’Brien (Ireland/Leinster), Faletau (Wales/Bath)
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
Replacements: Owens (Wales/Scarlets), McGrath (Ireland/Leinster), Cole (England/Leicester Tigers), Itoje (England/Saracens), Stander (Ireland/Munster), Webb (Wales/Ospreys), Sexton (Ireland/Leinster), Watson (England/Bath).