Rugby Union: Saracens pair Sean Maitland and Duncan Taylor named in Scotland squad
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sarries dup form part of 34-man team to visit Southern Hemishphere this summer
Saracens backs Sean Maitland and Duncan Taylor have been named in the squad for Scotland’s summer tour.
The duo have been selected in new head coach Gregor Townsend’s squad to tour the Southern Hemisphere this summer.
Scotland will face Six Nations rivals Italy in Singapore on June 10, before tackling Australia in Sydney a week later with the final match against Fiji in Suva on June 17.
“The 34 players named today are selected not just for their form and what they’ve done in a Scotland jersey up to now but for what they can do over the next couple of years,” said Townsend on selecting his squad.
You may also want to watch:
Maitland and Taylor are the latest Saracens players to be selected for international duty this summer.
Owen Farrell, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola and Jamie George are all part of the British & Irish Lions squad to tour New Zealand.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
Nick Isiekwe, Alex Lozowski and Nathan Earle, meanwhile, will all link up with the England squad for their two-match series in Argentina.