Rugby Union: Saracens pair Sean Maitland and Duncan Taylor named in Scotland squad
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sarries dup form part of 34-man team to visit Southern Hemishphere this summer
Saracens backs Sean Maitland and Duncan Taylor have been named in the squad for Scotland’s summer tour.
The duo have been selected in new head coach Gregor Townsend’s squad to tour the Southern Hemisphere this summer.
Scotland will face Six Nations rivals Italy in Singapore on June 10, before tackling Australia in Sydney a week later with the final match against Fiji in Suva on June 17.
“The 34 players named today are selected not just for their form and what they’ve done in a Scotland jersey up to now but for what they can do over the next couple of years,” said Townsend on selecting his squad.
Maitland and Taylor are the latest Saracens players to be selected for international duty this summer.
Owen Farrell, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola and Jamie George are all part of the British & Irish Lions squad to tour New Zealand.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
Nick Isiekwe, Alex Lozowski and Nathan Earle, meanwhile, will all link up with the England squad for their two-match series in Argentina.