Rugby Union: Saracens pair Sean Maitland and Duncan Taylor named in Scotland squad
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sarries dup form part of 34-man team to visit Southern Hemishphere this summer
Saracens backs Sean Maitland and Duncan Taylor have been named in the squad for Scotland’s summer tour.
The duo have been selected in new head coach Gregor Townsend’s squad to tour the Southern Hemisphere this summer.
Scotland will face Six Nations rivals Italy in Singapore on June 10, before tackling Australia in Sydney a week later with the final match against Fiji in Suva on June 17.
“The 34 players named today are selected not just for their form and what they’ve done in a Scotland jersey up to now but for what they can do over the next couple of years,” said Townsend on selecting his squad.
You may also want to watch:
Maitland and Taylor are the latest Saracens players to be selected for international duty this summer.
Owen Farrell, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola and Jamie George are all part of the British & Irish Lions squad to tour New Zealand.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
Nick Isiekwe, Alex Lozowski and Nathan Earle, meanwhile, will all link up with the England squad for their two-match series in Argentina.