Rugby Union: Saracens pair Sean Maitland and Duncan Taylor named in Scotland squad
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sarries dup form part of 34-man team to visit Southern Hemishphere this summer
Saracens backs Sean Maitland and Duncan Taylor have been named in the squad for Scotland’s summer tour.
The duo have been selected in new head coach Gregor Townsend’s squad to tour the Southern Hemisphere this summer.
Scotland will face Six Nations rivals Italy in Singapore on June 10, before tackling Australia in Sydney a week later with the final match against Fiji in Suva on June 17.
“The 34 players named today are selected not just for their form and what they’ve done in a Scotland jersey up to now but for what they can do over the next couple of years,” said Townsend on selecting his squad.
You may also want to watch:
Maitland and Taylor are the latest Saracens players to be selected for international duty this summer.
Owen Farrell, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola and Jamie George are all part of the British & Irish Lions squad to tour New Zealand.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
Nick Isiekwe, Alex Lozowski and Nathan Earle, meanwhile, will all link up with the England squad for their two-match series in Argentina.