Rugby Union: Saracens lock George Kruis features for British & Irish Lions in draw with Hurricanes
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries forward came on in second half in Wellington
Saracens lock George Kruis came on as a second-half replacement as the British & Irish Lions drew 31-31 with Super Rugby franchise the Hurricanes in Wellington.
The 27-year-old was the only member of the starting XV from Saturday’s first Test defeat against New Zealand to feature in the final midweek match of the tour.
Kruis came on in the 53rd minute for fellow England international Courtney Lawes with the Lions leading 26-17 following converted tries from Scotland’s Tommy Seymour and Welsh wing George North.
Welsh fly-half Dan Biggar had also kicked four penalties, and less than a minute after Kruis joined the action, Seymour crossed for another try, but the conversion was missed.
You may also want to watch:
The try proved to be the final points for the Lions as the Hurricanes scored two converted tries in the final 14 minutes to snatch a draw, though Biggar missed a last-gasp drop goal to win it for the tourists.
Next up for the Lions is the second Test against New Zealand in Wellington on Saturday, with the squad to be announced at 1.30am BST on Thursday.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site