Rugby Union: Saracens forward Billy Vunipola joins in the fun at Saracens Disabillity Programme session
- Credit: Archant
England star took part in training with the youngsters, before hading out trophies and Sarries fleeces
England international Billy Vunipola took time out from his rehabilitation following a knee injury to join in the Saracens Disability Programme end-of-term Christmas prize-giving.
The Sarries number eight also helped train the youngsters from the scheme, which helps children with learning difficulties, before handing out trophies and new Saracens fleeces to the boys at Allianz Park.
The training sessions are organised by Tomas Gamage of the Sarries Sport Foundation programme and sponsored by Hampstead car dealership Alan Day Volkswagen.
All the youngsters, aged between 12 and 20, had a go at the cross bar challenge and the tackling bags.
You may also want to watch:
Other first team players who regularly assist with training include England hooker Jamie George, Neil de Kock, Schalk Brits, Brad Barritt and Will Fraser, who has now retired through injury.
Every week, Alan Day managing director Paul Tanner his team of volunteers from New Southgate and the City turn up to help out with training the children, while mums and dads enjoy refreshments in the Sarries’ VIP area.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 4 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 5 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 8 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 9 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 10 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
The Saracens Disability Programme won the Premiership Rugby BreakThru Award for their successful community programme last year.