Rugby Union: Saracens forward Billy Vunipola joins in the fun at Saracens Disabillity Programme session
- Credit: Archant
England star took part in training with the youngsters, before hading out trophies and Sarries fleeces
England international Billy Vunipola took time out from his rehabilitation following a knee injury to join in the Saracens Disability Programme end-of-term Christmas prize-giving.
The Sarries number eight also helped train the youngsters from the scheme, which helps children with learning difficulties, before handing out trophies and new Saracens fleeces to the boys at Allianz Park.
The training sessions are organised by Tomas Gamage of the Sarries Sport Foundation programme and sponsored by Hampstead car dealership Alan Day Volkswagen.
All the youngsters, aged between 12 and 20, had a go at the cross bar challenge and the tackling bags.
You may also want to watch:
Other first team players who regularly assist with training include England hooker Jamie George, Neil de Kock, Schalk Brits, Brad Barritt and Will Fraser, who has now retired through injury.
Every week, Alan Day managing director Paul Tanner his team of volunteers from New Southgate and the City turn up to help out with training the children, while mums and dads enjoy refreshments in the Sarries’ VIP area.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
The Saracens Disability Programme won the Premiership Rugby BreakThru Award for their successful community programme last year.