Rugby Union: Saracens fly half Owen Farrell to captain England for first time against France in Six Nations
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Farrell one of four Saracens to start crucial game in Paris on Saturday
Saracens back Owen Farrell will captain England for the first time in their Six Nations clash with France in Paris on Saturday.
The 26-year-old, who is the regular vice-captain, takes over from the injured Dylan Hartley.
With hooker Hartley missing out, Saracens forward Jamie George will make his first start for England in the competition.
Club colleagues Mako Vunipola, who will be vice-captain for the game, and Maro Itoje will also start, with Richard Wigglesworth among the replacements.
You may also want to watch:
England XV to face France: Watson; May, Te’o, Farrell, Daly; Ford, Care; Vunipola, George, Cole; Launchbury, Itoje; Lawes, Robshaw, Hughes.
Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Marler, Sinckler, Haskell, Simmonds, Wigglesworth, Joseph, Brown.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 5 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 6 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 7 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
• Elsewhere, Saracens backs Liam Williams and Sean Maitland will start for Wales and Scotland respectively in their Six Nations matches this weekend.
Maitland is on the wing for Scotland against Ireland in Dublin on Saturday, while Williams will start at fullback for Wales against Italy in Cardiff the following day.
Meanwhile, flanker Ben Earl, who scored a try for Saracens in the Aviva Premiership defeat at Exeter Chiefs last weekend, will captain England under-20s against France in Beziers on Friday.