Rugby Union: Saracens extend contract of Juan Figallo
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Argentine prop has spent past four seasons with Sarries after joining from Montpellier
Saracens prop Juan Figallo has extended his contract with the Aviva Premiership club until the summer of 2021.
The 30-year-old joined Mark McCall’s men from French Top14 side Montpellier four seasons ago and has gone on to make 88 appearances for the Allianz Park side.
The Argentina international scored a try for Sarries on the final day of the regular season, and will hope to cross the whitewash again in Saturday’s Premiership play-off semi-final at home to Wasps.
On extending his contract, Figallo told the club website: “I’m really happy to stay. I’ve played four seasons here and I’ve really enjoyed myself.
You may also want to watch:
“My family came here as two; I got married just before I came here and now we have two kids and we’re living the Sarries life. We really love it.”
Director of rugby McCall told the club website: “We’re very pleased Juan has committed his future to Saracens.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
“He has contributed enormously on and off the pitch in his four years at the club.
“He’s a great player, a brilliant character and we’re delighted to have him and his family stay at Saracens.”