Rugby Union: Saracens duo Poppy Cleall and Marlie Packer to start for England Women against Wales
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sarries players named in England starting XV for next Women’s Six Nations tie
Saracens pair Poppy Cleall and Marlie Packer have been named in the starting XV for England’s Women’s Six Nations match with Wales on Saturday.
Cleall and Packer line up in the back row for Simon Middleton’s team for the Test, which takes place at The Stoop in Twickenham.
Fellow Sarries player Zoe Harrison will also hope to feature, having been named on the bench to face Wales.
England will be looking to build on a 42-7 win in Italy last weekend, but Middleton is aware of the challenge facing his team on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“We are expecting a physical encounter against Wales. They play an aggressive brand of defence so there will be a lot of pressure on us when we have the ball,” he said.
“They also have a strong and well organised set piece, which we saw last week when they played Scotland, this will be a key area of the game. We have kept a good balance of consistency in selection in the forwards while still exploring different combinations out in the backs.”
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
England XV to face Wales: Waterman; Dow, Kildunne, Burford, Pearce; Daley-McLean, Riley; Clark, Cokayne, Bern; Scott, Taylor; Cleall, Packer, Hunter.
Replacements: Davis, Cornborough, Lucas, Burnfield, Noel-Smith, Mattinson, Harrison, Tuima.