Rugby Union: Saracens duo Poppy Cleall and Marlie Packer to start for England Women against Wales
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sarries players named in England starting XV for next Women’s Six Nations tie
Saracens pair Poppy Cleall and Marlie Packer have been named in the starting XV for England’s Women’s Six Nations match with Wales on Saturday.
Cleall and Packer line up in the back row for Simon Middleton’s team for the Test, which takes place at The Stoop in Twickenham.
Fellow Sarries player Zoe Harrison will also hope to feature, having been named on the bench to face Wales.
England will be looking to build on a 42-7 win in Italy last weekend, but Middleton is aware of the challenge facing his team on Saturday.
“We are expecting a physical encounter against Wales. They play an aggressive brand of defence so there will be a lot of pressure on us when we have the ball,” he said.
“They also have a strong and well organised set piece, which we saw last week when they played Scotland, this will be a key area of the game. We have kept a good balance of consistency in selection in the forwards while still exploring different combinations out in the backs.”
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 8 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 9 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 10 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
England XV to face Wales: Waterman; Dow, Kildunne, Burford, Pearce; Daley-McLean, Riley; Clark, Cokayne, Bern; Scott, Taylor; Cleall, Packer, Hunter.
Replacements: Davis, Cornborough, Lucas, Burnfield, Noel-Smith, Mattinson, Harrison, Tuima.