Rugby Union: Saracens duo Poppy Cleall and Marlie Packer to start for England Women against Wales
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sarries players named in England starting XV for next Women’s Six Nations tie
Saracens pair Poppy Cleall and Marlie Packer have been named in the starting XV for England’s Women’s Six Nations match with Wales on Saturday.
Cleall and Packer line up in the back row for Simon Middleton’s team for the Test, which takes place at The Stoop in Twickenham.
Fellow Sarries player Zoe Harrison will also hope to feature, having been named on the bench to face Wales.
England will be looking to build on a 42-7 win in Italy last weekend, but Middleton is aware of the challenge facing his team on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“We are expecting a physical encounter against Wales. They play an aggressive brand of defence so there will be a lot of pressure on us when we have the ball,” he said.
“They also have a strong and well organised set piece, which we saw last week when they played Scotland, this will be a key area of the game. We have kept a good balance of consistency in selection in the forwards while still exploring different combinations out in the backs.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
England XV to face Wales: Waterman; Dow, Kildunne, Burford, Pearce; Daley-McLean, Riley; Clark, Cokayne, Bern; Scott, Taylor; Cleall, Packer, Hunter.
Replacements: Davis, Cornborough, Lucas, Burnfield, Noel-Smith, Mattinson, Harrison, Tuima.