Rugby Union: Saracens duo Poppy Cleall and Marlie Packer to start for England Women against Wales
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sarries players named in England starting XV for next Women’s Six Nations tie
Saracens pair Poppy Cleall and Marlie Packer have been named in the starting XV for England’s Women’s Six Nations match with Wales on Saturday.
Cleall and Packer line up in the back row for Simon Middleton’s team for the Test, which takes place at The Stoop in Twickenham.
Fellow Sarries player Zoe Harrison will also hope to feature, having been named on the bench to face Wales.
England will be looking to build on a 42-7 win in Italy last weekend, but Middleton is aware of the challenge facing his team on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“We are expecting a physical encounter against Wales. They play an aggressive brand of defence so there will be a lot of pressure on us when we have the ball,” he said.
“They also have a strong and well organised set piece, which we saw last week when they played Scotland, this will be a key area of the game. We have kept a good balance of consistency in selection in the forwards while still exploring different combinations out in the backs.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
England XV to face Wales: Waterman; Dow, Kildunne, Burford, Pearce; Daley-McLean, Riley; Clark, Cokayne, Bern; Scott, Taylor; Cleall, Packer, Hunter.
Replacements: Davis, Cornborough, Lucas, Burnfield, Noel-Smith, Mattinson, Harrison, Tuima.