Rugby Union: Saracens drawn with Clermont Auvernge in pool stages of European Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sarries beat French club in May’s final, but will meet in Pool Two next year
Saracens face a repeat of last season’s European Champions Cup final in the group stages of this term’s competition after being drawn in Pool Two alongside Top 14 champions Clermont Auvergne.
The teams met in the final in Edinburgh in May, but will meet in the first round this time around and are joined in the group by Pro12 side Ospreys and Premiership rivals Northampton Saints.
Despite winning the competition for the past two seasons, Sarries were among the second seeds in the draw by virtue of their performance in last year’s Premiership.
Pool matches will take place over the weekends of October 13-15, October 20-22, December 8-10, December 15-17, January 12-14 and January 19-21.
You may also want to watch:
Should Sarries progress, the quarter-finals will be from March 30 to April 1, with the semi-finals from April 21-22 and the final in Bilabao’s San Mames Stadium on May 12.
Fixtures will be announced in the coming weeks.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
Draw in full, Pool One: Wasps, La Rochelle, Ulster, Harlequins
Pool Two: Clermont Auvergne, Saracens, Ospreys, Northampton Saints
Pool Three: Exeter Chief, Leinster, Montpellier, Glasgow Warriors
Pool Four: Munster, Racing, Leicester Tigers, Castres
Pool Five: Scarlets, Toulon, Bath, Benetton