Rugby Union: Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall signs contract extension
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Six Sarries coaches also agree contract extensions
Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall has signed a contract extension at the club, along with six members of the backroom staff.
Defence coach Alex Sanderson, performance director Phil Morrow, backs coach Kevin Sorrell, skills coach Joe Shaw, forwards coach Ian Peel and kicking coach Dan Vickers have joined McCall in extending their stay at Allianz Park.
The news comes just a few days after Saracens won their fourth Aviva Premiership title in seven years on Saturday with a thrilling victory against Exeter Chiefs.
“It’s great news that they have all re-signed. They’re a team within a team; a group of friends together - they’re my friends,” said chairman Nigel Wray.
You may also want to watch:
McCall joined Saracens in 2009 and took up his current position during the 2010/11 season, leading the club to the Premiership title.
The 50-year-old has helped steer Sarries to three Premiership crowns in total as well as back-to-back European Cup triumphs in 2015/16 and 2016/17.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
The news of McCall extending his stay with Saracens comes just a day after it was announced club captain Brad Barritt had signed a new deal through to 2020.