Rugby Union: Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall signs contract extension
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Six Sarries coaches also agree contract extensions
Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall has signed a contract extension at the club, along with six members of the backroom staff.
Defence coach Alex Sanderson, performance director Phil Morrow, backs coach Kevin Sorrell, skills coach Joe Shaw, forwards coach Ian Peel and kicking coach Dan Vickers have joined McCall in extending their stay at Allianz Park.
The news comes just a few days after Saracens won their fourth Aviva Premiership title in seven years on Saturday with a thrilling victory against Exeter Chiefs.
“It’s great news that they have all re-signed. They’re a team within a team; a group of friends together - they’re my friends,” said chairman Nigel Wray.
You may also want to watch:
McCall joined Saracens in 2009 and took up his current position during the 2010/11 season, leading the club to the Premiership title.
The 50-year-old has helped steer Sarries to three Premiership crowns in total as well as back-to-back European Cup triumphs in 2015/16 and 2016/17.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 5 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 6 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 7 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Sabrina Francis made Camden's first Black woman mayor
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
The news of McCall extending his stay with Saracens comes just a day after it was announced club captain Brad Barritt had signed a new deal through to 2020.