Rugby Union: Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall signs contract extension
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Six Sarries coaches also agree contract extensions
Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall has signed a contract extension at the club, along with six members of the backroom staff.
Defence coach Alex Sanderson, performance director Phil Morrow, backs coach Kevin Sorrell, skills coach Joe Shaw, forwards coach Ian Peel and kicking coach Dan Vickers have joined McCall in extending their stay at Allianz Park.
The news comes just a few days after Saracens won their fourth Aviva Premiership title in seven years on Saturday with a thrilling victory against Exeter Chiefs.
“It’s great news that they have all re-signed. They’re a team within a team; a group of friends together - they’re my friends,” said chairman Nigel Wray.
You may also want to watch:
McCall joined Saracens in 2009 and took up his current position during the 2010/11 season, leading the club to the Premiership title.
The 50-year-old has helped steer Sarries to three Premiership crowns in total as well as back-to-back European Cup triumphs in 2015/16 and 2016/17.
- 1 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
The news of McCall extending his stay with Saracens comes just a day after it was announced club captain Brad Barritt had signed a new deal through to 2020.