Rugby Union: Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall signs contract extension
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Six Sarries coaches also agree contract extensions
Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall has signed a contract extension at the club, along with six members of the backroom staff.
Defence coach Alex Sanderson, performance director Phil Morrow, backs coach Kevin Sorrell, skills coach Joe Shaw, forwards coach Ian Peel and kicking coach Dan Vickers have joined McCall in extending their stay at Allianz Park.
The news comes just a few days after Saracens won their fourth Aviva Premiership title in seven years on Saturday with a thrilling victory against Exeter Chiefs.
“It’s great news that they have all re-signed. They’re a team within a team; a group of friends together - they’re my friends,” said chairman Nigel Wray.
McCall joined Saracens in 2009 and took up his current position during the 2010/11 season, leading the club to the Premiership title.
The 50-year-old has helped steer Sarries to three Premiership crowns in total as well as back-to-back European Cup triumphs in 2015/16 and 2016/17.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 3 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 7 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 8 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
The news of McCall extending his stay with Saracens comes just a day after it was announced club captain Brad Barritt had signed a new deal through to 2020.