Rugby Union: Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall adds Sione Vailanu to squad
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries sign Tongan international until end of next season
Saracens have signed loose forward Sione Vailanu on a deal until the end of the 2018/19 season.
Primarily a number eight, Vailanu, who turns 23 later this month, can also operate elsewhere in the back row.
The talented youngster became a full Tongan international last November, making his debut against Japan.
Vailanu joins Sarries after a spell in Japan, where he played sevens rugby, and the new recruit is looking forward to his time with the Allianz Park club.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a really good environment for me, it’s a really good place for me to start my career in England,” he told the club website.
“For the last four years I was playing in Japan so as a jump up this is a really good step for me; there’s a lot of experience and the people around here are very good, it feels like a family to me already.
- 1 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
“Hopefully while I’m at Saracens I can do my best and make some memories!”