Rugby Union: Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall adds Sione Vailanu to squad
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries sign Tongan international until end of next season
Saracens have signed loose forward Sione Vailanu on a deal until the end of the 2018/19 season.
Primarily a number eight, Vailanu, who turns 23 later this month, can also operate elsewhere in the back row.
The talented youngster became a full Tongan international last November, making his debut against Japan.
Vailanu joins Sarries after a spell in Japan, where he played sevens rugby, and the new recruit is looking forward to his time with the Allianz Park club.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a really good environment for me, it’s a really good place for me to start my career in England,” he told the club website.
“For the last four years I was playing in Japan so as a jump up this is a really good step for me; there’s a lot of experience and the people around here are very good, it feels like a family to me already.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
“Hopefully while I’m at Saracens I can do my best and make some memories!”