Rugby Union: Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall adds Sione Vailanu to squad
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries sign Tongan international until end of next season
Saracens have signed loose forward Sione Vailanu on a deal until the end of the 2018/19 season.
Primarily a number eight, Vailanu, who turns 23 later this month, can also operate elsewhere in the back row.
The talented youngster became a full Tongan international last November, making his debut against Japan.
Vailanu joins Sarries after a spell in Japan, where he played sevens rugby, and the new recruit is looking forward to his time with the Allianz Park club.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a really good environment for me, it’s a really good place for me to start my career in England,” he told the club website.
“For the last four years I was playing in Japan so as a jump up this is a really good step for me; there’s a lot of experience and the people around here are very good, it feels like a family to me already.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
“Hopefully while I’m at Saracens I can do my best and make some memories!”