Rugby Union: Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall adds Sione Vailanu to squad
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries sign Tongan international until end of next season
Saracens have signed loose forward Sione Vailanu on a deal until the end of the 2018/19 season.
Primarily a number eight, Vailanu, who turns 23 later this month, can also operate elsewhere in the back row.
The talented youngster became a full Tongan international last November, making his debut against Japan.
Vailanu joins Sarries after a spell in Japan, where he played sevens rugby, and the new recruit is looking forward to his time with the Allianz Park club.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a really good environment for me, it’s a really good place for me to start my career in England,” he told the club website.
“For the last four years I was playing in Japan so as a jump up this is a really good step for me; there’s a lot of experience and the people around here are very good, it feels like a family to me already.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
“Hopefully while I’m at Saracens I can do my best and make some memories!”