Rugby Union: Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall adds Sione Vailanu to squad
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Sarries sign Tongan international until end of next season
Saracens have signed loose forward Sione Vailanu on a deal until the end of the 2018/19 season.
Primarily a number eight, Vailanu, who turns 23 later this month, can also operate elsewhere in the back row.
The talented youngster became a full Tongan international last November, making his debut against Japan.
Vailanu joins Sarries after a spell in Japan, where he played sevens rugby, and the new recruit is looking forward to his time with the Allianz Park club.
“It’s a really good environment for me, it’s a really good place for me to start my career in England,” he told the club website.
“For the last four years I was playing in Japan so as a jump up this is a really good step for me; there’s a lot of experience and the people around here are very good, it feels like a family to me already.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 5 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
“Hopefully while I’m at Saracens I can do my best and make some memories!”