Rugby Union: Saracens back Owen Farrell to start for England against Australia
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Four Sarries players in 23-man matchday squad for Red Roses
Saracens back Owen Farrell has been recalled to the England starting XV for their clash with Australia at Twickenham on Saturday.
Farrell had been rested for last weekend’s opening Autumn International against Argentina, which the Red Roses won 21-8.
The 26-year-old, who was nominated for the World Rugby Player of the Year award earlier in the week, will line up at inside centre for England against the Wallabies.
However, fellow World Rugby Player of the Year nominee and club colleague Maro Itoje, who was also rested last weekend, is only named among the replacements.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens forward Mako Vunipola retains his place in the front row, with hooker Jamie George on the bench.
England team to play Australia: Watson; May, Joseph, Farrell, Daly; Ford, Youngs; Vunipola, Hartley, Cole; Launchbury, Lawes; Robshaw, Underhill, Hughes.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 9 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 10 'Balanced diet vitally important for our mental health and wellbeing'
Replacements: George, Marler, Williams, Itoje, Simmonds, Care, Slade, Rokoduguni.
Saracens Women quartet Poppy Cleall, Marlie Packer, Zoe Harrison and Hannah Botterman have been named in the England squad for their against Canada, which takes place at Allianz Park on Friday.