Rugby Union: Saracens back Owen Farrell to start for England against Australia
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Four Sarries players in 23-man matchday squad for Red Roses
Saracens back Owen Farrell has been recalled to the England starting XV for their clash with Australia at Twickenham on Saturday.
Farrell had been rested for last weekend’s opening Autumn International against Argentina, which the Red Roses won 21-8.
The 26-year-old, who was nominated for the World Rugby Player of the Year award earlier in the week, will line up at inside centre for England against the Wallabies.
However, fellow World Rugby Player of the Year nominee and club colleague Maro Itoje, who was also rested last weekend, is only named among the replacements.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens forward Mako Vunipola retains his place in the front row, with hooker Jamie George on the bench.
England team to play Australia: Watson; May, Joseph, Farrell, Daly; Ford, Youngs; Vunipola, Hartley, Cole; Launchbury, Lawes; Robshaw, Underhill, Hughes.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
Replacements: George, Marler, Williams, Itoje, Simmonds, Care, Slade, Rokoduguni.
Saracens Women quartet Poppy Cleall, Marlie Packer, Zoe Harrison and Hannah Botterman have been named in the England squad for their against Canada, which takes place at Allianz Park on Friday.