Rugby Union: Saracens back Owen Farrell to start for England against Australia
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Four Sarries players in 23-man matchday squad for Red Roses
Saracens back Owen Farrell has been recalled to the England starting XV for their clash with Australia at Twickenham on Saturday.
Farrell had been rested for last weekend’s opening Autumn International against Argentina, which the Red Roses won 21-8.
The 26-year-old, who was nominated for the World Rugby Player of the Year award earlier in the week, will line up at inside centre for England against the Wallabies.
However, fellow World Rugby Player of the Year nominee and club colleague Maro Itoje, who was also rested last weekend, is only named among the replacements.
You may also want to watch:
Saracens forward Mako Vunipola retains his place in the front row, with hooker Jamie George on the bench.
England team to play Australia: Watson; May, Joseph, Farrell, Daly; Ford, Youngs; Vunipola, Hartley, Cole; Launchbury, Lawes; Robshaw, Underhill, Hughes.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 3 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 4 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
Replacements: George, Marler, Williams, Itoje, Simmonds, Care, Slade, Rokoduguni.
Saracens Women quartet Poppy Cleall, Marlie Packer, Zoe Harrison and Hannah Botterman have been named in the England squad for their against Canada, which takes place at Allianz Park on Friday.