Rugby Union: Saracens back Owen Farrell to captain England on South Africa tour
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fly half one of 10 Sarries men named in squad
Saracens fly half Owen Farrell will captain England on their summer tour to South Africa.
The 26-year-old will lead the side in the absence of regular skipper Dylan Hartley, with the Northampton Saints hooker being rested this summer.
Farrell is one of 10 Saracens boys in total included in the squad, with Ben Spencer and Ben Earl called up for the first time.
Nathan Earle, Alex Lozowski, Jamie George, Mako Vunipola, Billy Vunipola, Maro Itoje and Nick Isiekwe have also been named in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
England begin their Test series with South Africa in Johannesburg on June 9, followed by games in Bloemfontein on June 16 and Cape Town on June 23.
England squad to tour South Africa, backs: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Nathan Earle (Saracens), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks), Danny Cipriani (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Cameron Redpath (Sale Sharks), Dan Robson (Wasps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Spencer (Saracens), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Forwards: Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Ben Earl (Saracens), Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Brad Shields (Hurricanes/ Wasps), Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Jack Willis (Wasps), Mark Wilson (Newcastle), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs).