Rugby Union: Saracens back Owen Farrell to captain England on South Africa tour
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fly half one of 10 Sarries men named in squad
Saracens fly half Owen Farrell will captain England on their summer tour to South Africa.
The 26-year-old will lead the side in the absence of regular skipper Dylan Hartley, with the Northampton Saints hooker being rested this summer.
Farrell is one of 10 Saracens boys in total included in the squad, with Ben Spencer and Ben Earl called up for the first time.
Nathan Earle, Alex Lozowski, Jamie George, Mako Vunipola, Billy Vunipola, Maro Itoje and Nick Isiekwe have also been named in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
England begin their Test series with South Africa in Johannesburg on June 9, followed by games in Bloemfontein on June 16 and Cape Town on June 23.
England squad to tour South Africa, backs: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Nathan Earle (Saracens), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks), Danny Cipriani (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Cameron Redpath (Sale Sharks), Dan Robson (Wasps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Spencer (Saracens), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Forwards: Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Ben Earl (Saracens), Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Brad Shields (Hurricanes/ Wasps), Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Jack Willis (Wasps), Mark Wilson (Newcastle), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs).