Rugby Union: Saracens back Owen Farrell to captain England on South Africa tour
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fly half one of 10 Sarries men named in squad
Saracens fly half Owen Farrell will captain England on their summer tour to South Africa.
The 26-year-old will lead the side in the absence of regular skipper Dylan Hartley, with the Northampton Saints hooker being rested this summer.
Farrell is one of 10 Saracens boys in total included in the squad, with Ben Spencer and Ben Earl called up for the first time.
Nathan Earle, Alex Lozowski, Jamie George, Mako Vunipola, Billy Vunipola, Maro Itoje and Nick Isiekwe have also been named in the squad.
England begin their Test series with South Africa in Johannesburg on June 9, followed by games in Bloemfontein on June 16 and Cape Town on June 23.
England squad to tour South Africa, backs: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Nathan Earle (Saracens), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks), Danny Cipriani (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Cameron Redpath (Sale Sharks), Dan Robson (Wasps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Spencer (Saracens), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 5 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 10 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
Forwards: Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Ben Earl (Saracens), Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Brad Shields (Hurricanes/ Wasps), Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Jack Willis (Wasps), Mark Wilson (Newcastle), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs).