Rugby Union: Saracens back Owen Farrell to captain England on South Africa tour
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fly half one of 10 Sarries men named in squad
Saracens fly half Owen Farrell will captain England on their summer tour to South Africa.
The 26-year-old will lead the side in the absence of regular skipper Dylan Hartley, with the Northampton Saints hooker being rested this summer.
Farrell is one of 10 Saracens boys in total included in the squad, with Ben Spencer and Ben Earl called up for the first time.
Nathan Earle, Alex Lozowski, Jamie George, Mako Vunipola, Billy Vunipola, Maro Itoje and Nick Isiekwe have also been named in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
England begin their Test series with South Africa in Johannesburg on June 9, followed by games in Bloemfontein on June 16 and Cape Town on June 23.
England squad to tour South Africa, backs: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Nathan Earle (Saracens), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks), Danny Cipriani (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Cameron Redpath (Sale Sharks), Dan Robson (Wasps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Spencer (Saracens), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Forwards: Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Ben Earl (Saracens), Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Brad Shields (Hurricanes/ Wasps), Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Jack Willis (Wasps), Mark Wilson (Newcastle), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs).