Rugby Union: Marlie Packer hat-trick helps Saracens beat Harlequins
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tyrells Premier 15s: Harlequins 19 Saracens 28
Marlie Packer’s hat-trick helped Saracens Women put an end to Harlequins’ perfect season with a sensational 28-19 victory at The Stoop.
The hosts were first to put points on the board after Holly Myers tore down the wing, but Packer responded just two minutes later, emerging from a driving maul to score.
The lead changed hands twice more as Quins were awarded a penalty try, before Poppy Cleall went over.
Two tries for Packer either side of half-time brought the bonus-point win for the visitors, giving them a four-point lead at the top of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Quins’ Fiona Fletcher claimed another five points, but it would make little difference with Saracens fly-half Zoe Harrison ensuring her side’s lead through several impressive touchline conversions.
The match was played in front of a good crowd, with many who had witnessed the Harlequins men’s team beat their Saracens rivals 20-19 in the Aviva Premiership sticking around to watch the game.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke