Rugby Union: Marlie Packer hat-trick helps Saracens beat Harlequins
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tyrells Premier 15s: Harlequins 19 Saracens 28
Marlie Packer’s hat-trick helped Saracens Women put an end to Harlequins’ perfect season with a sensational 28-19 victory at The Stoop.
The hosts were first to put points on the board after Holly Myers tore down the wing, but Packer responded just two minutes later, emerging from a driving maul to score.
The lead changed hands twice more as Quins were awarded a penalty try, before Poppy Cleall went over.
Two tries for Packer either side of half-time brought the bonus-point win for the visitors, giving them a four-point lead at the top of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Quins’ Fiona Fletcher claimed another five points, but it would make little difference with Saracens fly-half Zoe Harrison ensuring her side’s lead through several impressive touchline conversions.
The match was played in front of a good crowd, with many who had witnessed the Harlequins men’s team beat their Saracens rivals 20-19 in the Aviva Premiership sticking around to watch the game.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark
- 10 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant