Rugby Union: Marlie Packer hat-trick helps Saracens beat Harlequins
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tyrells Premier 15s: Harlequins 19 Saracens 28
Marlie Packer’s hat-trick helped Saracens Women put an end to Harlequins’ perfect season with a sensational 28-19 victory at The Stoop.
The hosts were first to put points on the board after Holly Myers tore down the wing, but Packer responded just two minutes later, emerging from a driving maul to score.
The lead changed hands twice more as Quins were awarded a penalty try, before Poppy Cleall went over.
Two tries for Packer either side of half-time brought the bonus-point win for the visitors, giving them a four-point lead at the top of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Quins’ Fiona Fletcher claimed another five points, but it would make little difference with Saracens fly-half Zoe Harrison ensuring her side’s lead through several impressive touchline conversions.
The match was played in front of a good crowd, with many who had witnessed the Harlequins men’s team beat their Saracens rivals 20-19 in the Aviva Premiership sticking around to watch the game.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 8 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 9 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote