Rugby Union: Marlie Packer hat-trick helps Saracens beat Harlequins
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tyrells Premier 15s: Harlequins 19 Saracens 28
Marlie Packer’s hat-trick helped Saracens Women put an end to Harlequins’ perfect season with a sensational 28-19 victory at The Stoop.
The hosts were first to put points on the board after Holly Myers tore down the wing, but Packer responded just two minutes later, emerging from a driving maul to score.
The lead changed hands twice more as Quins were awarded a penalty try, before Poppy Cleall went over.
Two tries for Packer either side of half-time brought the bonus-point win for the visitors, giving them a four-point lead at the top of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Quins’ Fiona Fletcher claimed another five points, but it would make little difference with Saracens fly-half Zoe Harrison ensuring her side’s lead through several impressive touchline conversions.
The match was played in front of a good crowd, with many who had witnessed the Harlequins men’s team beat their Saracens rivals 20-19 in the Aviva Premiership sticking around to watch the game.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa