Rugby Union: Jamie George agrees new Saracens deal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Hooker to stay with north Londoners until 2021
Saracens hooker Jamie George has agreed a new contract that will see him stay with the two-time defending European Champions Cup champions until 2021.
The 26-year-old, who scored a hat-trick of tries in the Aviva Premiership triumph at home to Wasps earlier this month, progressed through the north London club’s academy to the senior game.
George made his debut in 2009, the first of 177 appearances for the Men in Black in a career filled with trophies.
The hooker has also gone on to represent England internationally and started all three Tests for the British & Irish Lions on their tour to New Zealand in summer.
You may also want to watch:
And with his club future now secured, George is looking forward to what the next few campaigns hold for him.
“It’s the club that I’ve grown up playing for, the club I’ve grown up supporting my whole life,” he told the club website.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
“To be signing here for the long-term and to have played here for a long time already is a huge honour.”
George became the third player to sign a new deal on Thursday after the news earlier in the day that youngsters Nick Isiekwe and Max Malins had signed fresh terms that run until 2020.