Rugby Union: Hendon edge past Watford in Herts/Middlesex One
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Herts/Middlesex One: Hendon 8 Watford 0
Hendon returned to winning ways in Herts/Middlesex One with an 8-0 win at home to bottom club Watford.
After defending their own line early on, the hosts began to take charge and were unlucky not to score, but for a resilient Watford rearguard.
A slippery ball in near-freezing conditions resulted in a number of handling errors from both sides as the first half ended scoreless.
Hendon were quickly on the front foot in the second period with some forward charges from Paul Julian and Donal O’Sullivan, but were again stopped short.
You may also want to watch:
The breakthrough finally came in the 52nd minute when O’Sullivan picked up from the back of scrum near the try line, before crossing for an unconverted try.
With 15 minutes left in the match, Hendon were given a penalty for offside against Watford.
- 1 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 2 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
Cian Hynes bisected the posts with the penalty with the final score of the match for the hosts, who host UCS Old Boys in the league on Saturday.