Rugby Union: Hendon edge past Watford in Herts/Middlesex One
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Herts/Middlesex One: Hendon 8 Watford 0
Hendon returned to winning ways in Herts/Middlesex One with an 8-0 win at home to bottom club Watford.
After defending their own line early on, the hosts began to take charge and were unlucky not to score, but for a resilient Watford rearguard.
A slippery ball in near-freezing conditions resulted in a number of handling errors from both sides as the first half ended scoreless.
Hendon were quickly on the front foot in the second period with some forward charges from Paul Julian and Donal O’Sullivan, but were again stopped short.
You may also want to watch:
The breakthrough finally came in the 52nd minute when O’Sullivan picked up from the back of scrum near the try line, before crossing for an unconverted try.
With 15 minutes left in the match, Hendon were given a penalty for offside against Watford.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 7 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
Cian Hynes bisected the posts with the penalty with the final score of the match for the hosts, who host UCS Old Boys in the league on Saturday.