Rugby Union: Hendon edge past Watford in Herts/Middlesex One
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Herts/Middlesex One: Hendon 8 Watford 0
Hendon returned to winning ways in Herts/Middlesex One with an 8-0 win at home to bottom club Watford.
After defending their own line early on, the hosts began to take charge and were unlucky not to score, but for a resilient Watford rearguard.
A slippery ball in near-freezing conditions resulted in a number of handling errors from both sides as the first half ended scoreless.
Hendon were quickly on the front foot in the second period with some forward charges from Paul Julian and Donal O’Sullivan, but were again stopped short.
You may also want to watch:
The breakthrough finally came in the 52nd minute when O’Sullivan picked up from the back of scrum near the try line, before crossing for an unconverted try.
With 15 minutes left in the match, Hendon were given a penalty for offside against Watford.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Cian Hynes bisected the posts with the penalty with the final score of the match for the hosts, who host UCS Old Boys in the league on Saturday.