Rugby Union: Hendon edge past Watford in Herts/Middlesex One
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Herts/Middlesex One: Hendon 8 Watford 0
Hendon returned to winning ways in Herts/Middlesex One with an 8-0 win at home to bottom club Watford.
After defending their own line early on, the hosts began to take charge and were unlucky not to score, but for a resilient Watford rearguard.
A slippery ball in near-freezing conditions resulted in a number of handling errors from both sides as the first half ended scoreless.
Hendon were quickly on the front foot in the second period with some forward charges from Paul Julian and Donal O’Sullivan, but were again stopped short.
You may also want to watch:
The breakthrough finally came in the 52nd minute when O’Sullivan picked up from the back of scrum near the try line, before crossing for an unconverted try.
With 15 minutes left in the match, Hendon were given a penalty for offside against Watford.
- 1 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
Cian Hynes bisected the posts with the penalty with the final score of the match for the hosts, who host UCS Old Boys in the league on Saturday.