Rugby Union: Hendon edge past Watford in Herts/Middlesex One
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Herts/Middlesex One: Hendon 8 Watford 0
Hendon returned to winning ways in Herts/Middlesex One with an 8-0 win at home to bottom club Watford.
After defending their own line early on, the hosts began to take charge and were unlucky not to score, but for a resilient Watford rearguard.
A slippery ball in near-freezing conditions resulted in a number of handling errors from both sides as the first half ended scoreless.
Hendon were quickly on the front foot in the second period with some forward charges from Paul Julian and Donal O’Sullivan, but were again stopped short.
You may also want to watch:
The breakthrough finally came in the 52nd minute when O’Sullivan picked up from the back of scrum near the try line, before crossing for an unconverted try.
With 15 minutes left in the match, Hendon were given a penalty for offside against Watford.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 4 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 5 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 6 Talking Bob Dylan, life, culture, politics and Shakespeare
- 7 I completely trust Aubameyang says Arsenal boss Arteta
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 West Hampstead flat owners face £100k bills for flammable cladding
- 10 Keir Starmer: 'Something about faith becomes more important to people'
Cian Hynes bisected the posts with the penalty with the final score of the match for the hosts, who host UCS Old Boys in the league on Saturday.