Rugby Union: Hampstead women earn fine success at Romford
- Credit: Archant
Women’s National Championship South East Two: Romford 10 Hampstead 32
Hampstead made it three Women’s National Championship South East Two wins in a row with a 32-10 win at Romford.
Wing Micha Palmer opened the scoring for Hampstead by sprinting in a try which was converted Kathryn Davey.
This was followed by a powerful run from hooker Trish Brown, who blasted through a succession of Romford defenders to cross the line.
A phase of quick offloads from the back line sent the ball out wide to Palmer, who again outpaced the opposition to score.
You may also want to watch:
A quick pick off the back of a ruck and offload to Brown saw her score her second of the day.
Palmer later completed a first-half hat-trick and though Romford scored a try of their own, Hampstead led 27-5 at the break.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 7 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 10 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
The second period was a closer affair, with quick thinking from Ruth Burns at scrum half putting her over for Hampstead’s only try of the half, before Romford rounded out the scoring.