Rugby Union: Hampstead women earn fine success at Romford
- Credit: Archant
Women’s National Championship South East Two: Romford 10 Hampstead 32
Hampstead made it three Women’s National Championship South East Two wins in a row with a 32-10 win at Romford.
Wing Micha Palmer opened the scoring for Hampstead by sprinting in a try which was converted Kathryn Davey.
This was followed by a powerful run from hooker Trish Brown, who blasted through a succession of Romford defenders to cross the line.
A phase of quick offloads from the back line sent the ball out wide to Palmer, who again outpaced the opposition to score.
You may also want to watch:
A quick pick off the back of a ruck and offload to Brown saw her score her second of the day.
Palmer later completed a first-half hat-trick and though Romford scored a try of their own, Hampstead led 27-5 at the break.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
The second period was a closer affair, with quick thinking from Ruth Burns at scrum half putting her over for Hampstead’s only try of the half, before Romford rounded out the scoring.