Rugby Union: Hampstead women earn fine success at Romford
- Credit: Archant
Women’s National Championship South East Two: Romford 10 Hampstead 32
Hampstead made it three Women’s National Championship South East Two wins in a row with a 32-10 win at Romford.
Wing Micha Palmer opened the scoring for Hampstead by sprinting in a try which was converted Kathryn Davey.
This was followed by a powerful run from hooker Trish Brown, who blasted through a succession of Romford defenders to cross the line.
A phase of quick offloads from the back line sent the ball out wide to Palmer, who again outpaced the opposition to score.
You may also want to watch:
A quick pick off the back of a ruck and offload to Brown saw her score her second of the day.
Palmer later completed a first-half hat-trick and though Romford scored a try of their own, Hampstead led 27-5 at the break.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
The second period was a closer affair, with quick thinking from Ruth Burns at scrum half putting her over for Hampstead’s only try of the half, before Romford rounded out the scoring.