Rugby Union: Hampstead women earn fine success at Romford
- Credit: Archant
Women’s National Championship South East Two: Romford 10 Hampstead 32
Hampstead made it three Women’s National Championship South East Two wins in a row with a 32-10 win at Romford.
Wing Micha Palmer opened the scoring for Hampstead by sprinting in a try which was converted Kathryn Davey.
This was followed by a powerful run from hooker Trish Brown, who blasted through a succession of Romford defenders to cross the line.
A phase of quick offloads from the back line sent the ball out wide to Palmer, who again outpaced the opposition to score.
You may also want to watch:
A quick pick off the back of a ruck and offload to Brown saw her score her second of the day.
Palmer later completed a first-half hat-trick and though Romford scored a try of their own, Hampstead led 27-5 at the break.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
The second period was a closer affair, with quick thinking from Ruth Burns at scrum half putting her over for Hampstead’s only try of the half, before Romford rounded out the scoring.