Rugby Union: Disappointing end to Six Nations for Saracens’ England contingent
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A round-up of how Saracens players fared in the final round of matches in this year’s Six Nations
Six Saracens players endured a disappointing end to the Six Nations with England after going down 24-15 at home to champions Ireland.
Richard Wigglesworth started his first Test for his country since August 2015 and was joined in the XV by Owen Farrell, Mako Vunipola, George Kruis and Maro Itoje.
Fellow Sarries man Jamie George, meanwhile, came on as a replacement in the 58th minute, but was unable to help launch an England fightback.
There was better news for wing Liam Williams, who scored Wales’ try in a 14-13 win at home to France.
Sean Maitland was also on the scoresheet as Scotland edged their way to a narrow 29-27 win in Italy.
Ben Earl captained England under-20s and scored a try as they beat Ireland 48-15 at Coventry’s Ricoh Arena on Friday.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 6 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
At the same venue on the same night, Saracens Women forward Marlie Packer scored a try as England women beat Ireland 33-11.