Rugby Union: Disappointing end to Six Nations for Saracens’ England contingent
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A round-up of how Saracens players fared in the final round of matches in this year’s Six Nations
Six Saracens players endured a disappointing end to the Six Nations with England after going down 24-15 at home to champions Ireland.
Richard Wigglesworth started his first Test for his country since August 2015 and was joined in the XV by Owen Farrell, Mako Vunipola, George Kruis and Maro Itoje.
Fellow Sarries man Jamie George, meanwhile, came on as a replacement in the 58th minute, but was unable to help launch an England fightback.
There was better news for wing Liam Williams, who scored Wales’ try in a 14-13 win at home to France.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Maitland was also on the scoresheet as Scotland edged their way to a narrow 29-27 win in Italy.
Ben Earl captained England under-20s and scored a try as they beat Ireland 48-15 at Coventry’s Ricoh Arena on Friday.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
At the same venue on the same night, Saracens Women forward Marlie Packer scored a try as England women beat Ireland 33-11.