Rugby Union: Disappointing end to Six Nations for Saracens’ England contingent
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A round-up of how Saracens players fared in the final round of matches in this year’s Six Nations
Six Saracens players endured a disappointing end to the Six Nations with England after going down 24-15 at home to champions Ireland.
Richard Wigglesworth started his first Test for his country since August 2015 and was joined in the XV by Owen Farrell, Mako Vunipola, George Kruis and Maro Itoje.
Fellow Sarries man Jamie George, meanwhile, came on as a replacement in the 58th minute, but was unable to help launch an England fightback.
There was better news for wing Liam Williams, who scored Wales’ try in a 14-13 win at home to France.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Maitland was also on the scoresheet as Scotland edged their way to a narrow 29-27 win in Italy.
Ben Earl captained England under-20s and scored a try as they beat Ireland 48-15 at Coventry’s Ricoh Arena on Friday.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 6 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?
At the same venue on the same night, Saracens Women forward Marlie Packer scored a try as England women beat Ireland 33-11.