Rugby Union: Disappointing end to Six Nations for Saracens’ England contingent
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A round-up of how Saracens players fared in the final round of matches in this year’s Six Nations
Six Saracens players endured a disappointing end to the Six Nations with England after going down 24-15 at home to champions Ireland.
Richard Wigglesworth started his first Test for his country since August 2015 and was joined in the XV by Owen Farrell, Mako Vunipola, George Kruis and Maro Itoje.
Fellow Sarries man Jamie George, meanwhile, came on as a replacement in the 58th minute, but was unable to help launch an England fightback.
There was better news for wing Liam Williams, who scored Wales’ try in a 14-13 win at home to France.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Maitland was also on the scoresheet as Scotland edged their way to a narrow 29-27 win in Italy.
Ben Earl captained England under-20s and scored a try as they beat Ireland 48-15 at Coventry’s Ricoh Arena on Friday.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
At the same venue on the same night, Saracens Women forward Marlie Packer scored a try as England women beat Ireland 33-11.