Rugby Union: David Strettle to return to Saracens for Worldwide Currencies Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Sarries winger back at Allianz Park on June 30 to riase money for Restart Rugby and the Lift The Weight campaign
Former Saracens winger David Strettle will return to Allianz Park this summer to take part in the Worldwide Currencies Cup.
The rugby match has been organised to support the Rugby Players’ Association’s Restart Rugby charity and the Lift The Weight campaign that raises awareness of mental health issues.
The event forms part of this summer’s ‘Sevens and the City’ and takes place on June 30.
Strettle, who now plays for Clermont Auvergne in the French Top 14, has organised the match with former Sarries team-mate Matt Stevens.
You may also want to watch:
And the 33-year-old back is looking forward to returning to north London this summer to help raise funds for charity.
“It’s a good match for a good cause and it is something I’ve worked on with Matt for a number of years,” said Strettle, who won 14 caps for England.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Camden arts charity sets up award in memory of actor Helen McCrory
“It will be great to be back at Allianz Park where I spent four years – my first year with the club was when we moved there.”
As well as Strettle and Stevens, there will be plenty of other Saracens players on show at the Worldwide Currencies Cup.
Players confirmed to feature so far include Noah Cato, Danny Grewcock, Neil de Kock and Nils Mordt.
And Strettle is looking forward to getting back out on a rugby pitch with some of his former colleagues.
“As players we all support each other, but it’s not just the Saracens boys that will be there, there will be a lot of players from the other London club there too,” he added.
David Strettle and a host of stars are playing in the Worldwide Currencies game at Allianz Park on June 30. The match is for rugby’s #LiftTheWeight campaign to raise awareness of mental health issues. Tickets from sevensandthecity.com.