Rugby Union: David Strettle to rejoin Saracens next season
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Wing has agreed one-year deal with Allianz Park outfit starting in the summer
David Strettle will rejoin Saracens next year on a one-year deal from French Top 14 outfit Clermont Auvergne.
The wing left Allianz Park in the summer of 2015 to move to Clermont, but will head back to north London next term after three seasons in France.
The 34-year-old won two Premiership titles during his first stint with Sarries from 2010 to 2015.
And the 14-cap England international is looking forward to being a Saracens player once again come the summer.
You may also want to watch:
“An opportunity arose in France which I took as a fresh challenge, but now can’t wait to come home and hopefully make some more great memories,” he told the club website. “Some of my best friends are at Saracens, so I can’t wait to get back out on the field and be a part of the same team with them again.
“I now have a wife and a fantastic daughter – we are looking forward to bringing them back to London, where I know Saracens will welcome us all with open arms.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
“It’s a dream come true to be returning to the club and I can’t wait for the start of next season at Allianz Park.”