Rugby Union: David Strettle to rejoin Saracens next season
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Wing has agreed one-year deal with Allianz Park outfit starting in the summer
David Strettle will rejoin Saracens next year on a one-year deal from French Top 14 outfit Clermont Auvergne.
The wing left Allianz Park in the summer of 2015 to move to Clermont, but will head back to north London next term after three seasons in France.
The 34-year-old won two Premiership titles during his first stint with Sarries from 2010 to 2015.
And the 14-cap England international is looking forward to being a Saracens player once again come the summer.
“An opportunity arose in France which I took as a fresh challenge, but now can’t wait to come home and hopefully make some more great memories,” he told the club website. “Some of my best friends are at Saracens, so I can’t wait to get back out on the field and be a part of the same team with them again.
“I now have a wife and a fantastic daughter – we are looking forward to bringing them back to London, where I know Saracens will welcome us all with open arms.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 9 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 10 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
“It’s a dream come true to be returning to the club and I can’t wait for the start of next season at Allianz Park.”