Rugby Union: Ben Spencer latest to commit future to Saracens
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scrum half signs contract extension to take him through to 2020 with Sarries
Scrum half Ben Spencer is the latest player to commit his future to Saracens, signing a contract extension with the north London club that takes him through to 2020.
The 25-year-old joins Owen Farrell, Jamie George, Nick Isiekwe, Alex Lozowski and Max Malins in recently agreeing to extend his stay with the Allianz Park outfit.
Since making his debut for the north Londoners in 2011, Spencer has gone on to feature 108 times for Sarries, winning two Aviva Premiership titles and two European Champions Cups in that time.
Spencer will hope to add to that success over the coming years and expressed his delight at extending his stay with Mark McCall’s men.
You may also want to watch:
“This is my seventh season with Saracens and I’m extremely happy here, so I’m delighted to re-sign with the club,” he told the club website.
“When you look at the team that we put out this weekend, it was packed full of internationals and I think the more you play and train alongside players of that calibre and experience, then your game can only go one way, and that’s up.
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 8 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 9 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 10 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
“The club’s in a great place moving forward and I’m really looking forward to my future here.”