Rugby Union: Ben Spencer latest to commit future to Saracens
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Scrum half signs contract extension to take him through to 2020 with Sarries
Scrum half Ben Spencer is the latest player to commit his future to Saracens, signing a contract extension with the north London club that takes him through to 2020.
The 25-year-old joins Owen Farrell, Jamie George, Nick Isiekwe, Alex Lozowski and Max Malins in recently agreeing to extend his stay with the Allianz Park outfit.
Since making his debut for the north Londoners in 2011, Spencer has gone on to feature 108 times for Sarries, winning two Aviva Premiership titles and two European Champions Cups in that time.
Spencer will hope to add to that success over the coming years and expressed his delight at extending his stay with Mark McCall’s men.
You may also want to watch:
“This is my seventh season with Saracens and I’m extremely happy here, so I’m delighted to re-sign with the club,” he told the club website.
“When you look at the team that we put out this weekend, it was packed full of internationals and I think the more you play and train alongside players of that calibre and experience, then your game can only go one way, and that’s up.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 10 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
“The club’s in a great place moving forward and I’m really looking forward to my future here.”