Rugby Union: Alex Lozowski signs contract extension with Saracens
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Sarries fly half commits future to north Londoners after being linked with move away
Alex Lozowski has put to bed speculation surrounding his future by signing a contract extension with defending two-time European Champions Cup champions Saracens.
The England international had been linked with a move away from Allianz Park, with Aviva Premiership rivals Exeter Chiefs among those said to be interested in the fly half.
However, Lozowski has silenced those rumours and will now remain with the north Londoners until 2020.
“It’s great to be part of this team and I’m delighted to have re-signed,” the 24-year-old told the club website.
“I’ve really benefitted from being in the environment and from being around good players and good coaches. I wake up in the morning and look forward to coming to training.
“I think being surrounded by the calibre of guys that we’ve got here is only going to bring your game up. I’m really grateful to be part of this team.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
- 3 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 4 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 5 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 8 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
“There is a lot of laughter around the place every day, we try and have a good time. Then when it gets time to get down to serious business we all tune in and get on with the work. That’s a nice balance to have.”