Rugby: Saracens women stay perfect
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens women maintained their 100 per cent record in the Tyrrells Premier 15s after beating Loughborough Lightning 34-7.
England’s Marlie Packer scored two tries as Saracens made it 11 wins in a row to leave themselves four points clear of Harlequins at the top of the table.
Hannah Botterman went over early, with Cara Wardle also touching down soon after when Zoe Harrison spotted space in behind the home defence and played a delicate kick through for her centre to collect.
Packer added the third try for the visitors, with fellow England international Lotte Clapp securing a bonus point before half time.
Poppy Cleall also crossed the whitewash, before Natasha Jones replied with a consolation score under the posts for Loughborough.
You may also want to watch:
Packer had the last word, though, as she broke the line to claim her second try of the match and 13th of the season.
Helena Rowland kicked two of the six conversions to complete the tally.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 5 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 6 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 10 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'