Rugby: Saracens women stay perfect
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens women maintained their 100 per cent record in the Tyrrells Premier 15s after beating Loughborough Lightning 34-7.
England’s Marlie Packer scored two tries as Saracens made it 11 wins in a row to leave themselves four points clear of Harlequins at the top of the table.
Hannah Botterman went over early, with Cara Wardle also touching down soon after when Zoe Harrison spotted space in behind the home defence and played a delicate kick through for her centre to collect.
Packer added the third try for the visitors, with fellow England international Lotte Clapp securing a bonus point before half time.
Poppy Cleall also crossed the whitewash, before Natasha Jones replied with a consolation score under the posts for Loughborough.
You may also want to watch:
Packer had the last word, though, as she broke the line to claim her second try of the match and 13th of the season.
Helena Rowland kicked two of the six conversions to complete the tally.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds