Rugby: Saracens women stay perfect
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens women maintained their 100 per cent record in the Tyrrells Premier 15s after beating Loughborough Lightning 34-7.
England’s Marlie Packer scored two tries as Saracens made it 11 wins in a row to leave themselves four points clear of Harlequins at the top of the table.
Hannah Botterman went over early, with Cara Wardle also touching down soon after when Zoe Harrison spotted space in behind the home defence and played a delicate kick through for her centre to collect.
Packer added the third try for the visitors, with fellow England international Lotte Clapp securing a bonus point before half time.
Poppy Cleall also crossed the whitewash, before Natasha Jones replied with a consolation score under the posts for Loughborough.
You may also want to watch:
Packer had the last word, though, as she broke the line to claim her second try of the match and 13th of the season.
Helena Rowland kicked two of the six conversions to complete the tally.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 7 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal