Rugby: Saracens women stay perfect
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens women maintained their 100 per cent record in the Tyrrells Premier 15s after beating Loughborough Lightning 34-7.
England’s Marlie Packer scored two tries as Saracens made it 11 wins in a row to leave themselves four points clear of Harlequins at the top of the table.
Hannah Botterman went over early, with Cara Wardle also touching down soon after when Zoe Harrison spotted space in behind the home defence and played a delicate kick through for her centre to collect.
Packer added the third try for the visitors, with fellow England international Lotte Clapp securing a bonus point before half time.
Poppy Cleall also crossed the whitewash, before Natasha Jones replied with a consolation score under the posts for Loughborough.
You may also want to watch:
Packer had the last word, though, as she broke the line to claim her second try of the match and 13th of the season.
Helena Rowland kicked two of the six conversions to complete the tally.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 4 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 5 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 6 Talking Bob Dylan, life, culture, politics and Shakespeare
- 7 I completely trust Aubameyang says Arsenal boss Arteta
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 West Hampstead flat owners face £100k bills for flammable cladding
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm