Rugby: Saracens Women get better of Bristol
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens Women were made to work hard for their latest victory in the Tyrrells Premier 15s.
But they came from behind to defeat Bristol Ladies 29-12 thanks to their strong second-half performance.
Lucy Attwood gave Bristol the lead when she ghosted between two defenders to score after only eight minutes, but Katherine Evans crashed over for Sarries.
The home side then showed their class after the restart and excellent handling from Bryony Cleall and Marlie Packer allowed El Perry to bundle over and edge them in front.
Saracens did not look back after that and Lotte Clapp’s try, plus scores from Packer and Cleall, means they are just one point behind London rivals Harlequins.
You may also want to watch:
Table-topping Quins were 39-12 winners over Gloucester-Hartpury for their seventh bonus-point win in a row, with Jess Breach and Davinia Catlin both scoring braces.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row