Rugby: Saracens Women get better of Bristol
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens Women were made to work hard for their latest victory in the Tyrrells Premier 15s.
But they came from behind to defeat Bristol Ladies 29-12 thanks to their strong second-half performance.
Lucy Attwood gave Bristol the lead when she ghosted between two defenders to score after only eight minutes, but Katherine Evans crashed over for Sarries.
The home side then showed their class after the restart and excellent handling from Bryony Cleall and Marlie Packer allowed El Perry to bundle over and edge them in front.
Saracens did not look back after that and Lotte Clapp’s try, plus scores from Packer and Cleall, means they are just one point behind London rivals Harlequins.
You may also want to watch:
Table-topping Quins were 39-12 winners over Gloucester-Hartpury for their seventh bonus-point win in a row, with Jess Breach and Davinia Catlin both scoring braces.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres