Rugby: Saracens Women get better of Bristol
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens Women were made to work hard for their latest victory in the Tyrrells Premier 15s.
But they came from behind to defeat Bristol Ladies 29-12 thanks to their strong second-half performance.
Lucy Attwood gave Bristol the lead when she ghosted between two defenders to score after only eight minutes, but Katherine Evans crashed over for Sarries.
The home side then showed their class after the restart and excellent handling from Bryony Cleall and Marlie Packer allowed El Perry to bundle over and edge them in front.
Saracens did not look back after that and Lotte Clapp’s try, plus scores from Packer and Cleall, means they are just one point behind London rivals Harlequins.
You may also want to watch:
Table-topping Quins were 39-12 winners over Gloucester-Hartpury for their seventh bonus-point win in a row, with Jess Breach and Davinia Catlin both scoring braces.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up