Rugby Union: Saracens duo Kruis and Koch sign mult-year contract extensions
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens are pleased to announce that forward pack duo Vincent Koch and George Kruis have re-signed with the club on multi-year contracts.
The pair become the latest Saracens to commit their futures to the club, following the news that captain Brad Barritt and the senior coaching team have all signed new deals.
Koch, who joined Saracens in 2016, has signed an extension with the men in black for the next four seasons until 2022, while Academy product Kruis has signed to stay with the north London side for a further three years until 2021.
Both players have played an instrumental role in Saracens’ successes over the past few seasons, featuring in Saracens’ 2017 Champions Cup triumph in addition to this season’s Aviva Premiership win.
In his time at the club Kruis has also won further honours with Saracens: a Premiership and Anglo-Welsh title in 2015, as well as being part of the 2016 Premiership and Champions Cup winning side.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re delighted that Vinnie and George have signed new deals with the club” said Director of Rugby Mark McCall. “Both of them are phenomenal assets to the club, and we look forward to seeing them continue to develop in a Saracens shirt over the coming seasons.”
Speaking on his contract extension Koch said: “I’m really pleased [to have signed an extension].
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
“It’s a very special club and since joining I’ve made some incredible memories here.
“It’s an honour to play with guys who are like your brothers every week.”
Reflecting on his own extension Kruis added: “It was an easy decision to make really.
“I’ve progressed so much in my time at Saracens and we’ve achieved so much as a group over the last few seasons together.
“It’s a hugely exciting time to be involved here, we’ve got a massively talented group of guys who are all hungry to keep improving.
“I’m really proud to be part of that.”