Rugby: Lozowski looking for Six Nations spot
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Saracens’ Alex Lozowski says he will do everything he can to be part of England’s Six Nations Championship squad for next year.
The 24-year-old centre scored his first international try as he helped the hosts to a rousing 48-14 victory over Samoa at Twickenham Stadium last Saturday.
After Elliot Daly retrieved a high dropped ball from Samoa’s fly-half Tim Nanai-Williams, Jamie George gave way to his fellow Saracens’ team-mate to easily score his dream maiden try in the tenth minute at the home of England Rugby.
“I probably would not have scored an easier one so I’ll take that,” said Lozowski, son of former London Wasps player Rob Lozowski.
“It was a good kick, we chased the ground well and put them under pressure, we bounced the ball and I was there to finish it off. It was a nice moment.”
You may also want to watch:
Fellow Saracens colleagues Maro Itoje and Nick Isiekwe also featured for England, but Lozowski insists despite the victory there is still plenty of room for improvement to be made before the Six Nations Championship which starts in February.
“We didn’t really make it easy for ourselves at times in the first half,” added Lozowski. “Some things let us down I think, so there is a lot to work at.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
“We go back to our clubs now and watch the game back and make sure we’re picking up at things we can do better and look forward to the Six Nations.”
And Lozowski hopes that his performances during the Autumn Test Series will be enough to earn himself a spot in England’s Six Nations Championship squad.
“That will be great,” he added. “It’s been good to get involved in my first Autumn Test Series.
“Obviously I will reflect on it and see where I can improve then go back to the club and make sure I do everything that I can to put myself in frame for the Six Nations.”