Rugby League: London Skolars beat London Broncos under-19s in latest pre-season friendly
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: London Skolars 32 London Broncos under-19s 30
London Skolars enjoyed a thrilling 32-30 success over London Broncos Under-19s in their latest pre-season friendly.
After losing 12-54 to Wigan Warriors the previous week, Skolars won the second of their pre-season friendlies.
Skolars opened the scoring in the first minute, regaining the ball from the kick-off before moving the ball out right for Sam Nash to dive over in the corner.
However, the New River Stadium side fell behind when Gideon Boafa stole the ball from Lameck Juma’s grasp on London’s try line.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts fell further behind when Rob Oakley scored and when former Skolars junior Daniel Hindmarsh-Takyi scored against his old side, the home team were 18-4 down.
Two tries in the last four minutes of the half narrowed the gap, as first Nash scored his second when he edged through a gap to touchdown in the corner, before Omari Caro strode under the posts to score.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
The start of the second half saw Skolars make an error at the kick off with Rhys Joel taking advantage for Broncos.
The hosts, though, fought back with a try for Juma’s try three minutes later.
A Jy-Mel Coleman 40-20 kick then gave Skolars the ball close to the try line and Eddie Mbaraga crashed over, with Omari Caro’s conversion levelling the scores.
The home team started to control the game with Louis Robinson twice being held-up over the line, before Jordan Williams broke through the defence to score.
Jake Melling raced over to score Skolars’ seventh try of the afternoon, but with five minutes remaining Rob Butler’s score for Broncos put the visitors two points behind. The home team had to defend a couple of strong attacks before the final whistle sounded, signalling their success.
Skolars’ final pre-season friendly game is against fellow League 1 side West Wales Raiders next Sunday.
The game is played at Ealing Trailfinders’ Trailfinders Sports Ground prior to London Broncos’ Betfred Championship game versus Barrow.
Skolars will hope for another win ahead of the new term.