Finchley pick up convincing win in first game of season
- Credit: Archant
Finchley started their season with a convincing win as they beat Old Merchant Taylors (OMTs) 48-22.
A tight first twenty minutes saw both teams go close to scoring and Finchley withstanding five minutes of their opposition attacking close to their try line.
Finchley then moved the ball with more purpose and width and found success with four tries before half time to go in 22-8 up.
Two early tries for Finchley after half-time put them 36-8 up before three injuries in the back-line forced a number of positional changes.
A sustained period of pressure from OMTs saw them reduce the deficit to 36-22 before Finchley sealed the win with two late scores.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach James Clarke said: "It was a very pleasing start to the season, scoring eight tries in our first league game.
"There are some areas to work on defensively this week but it's definitely a promising start and hopefully more to come as we look to back this performance up against Harrow on Saturday away."
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers