Ria Percival pens new Tottenham Hotspur contract
- Credit: PA
Tottenham Hotspur have announced that defender Ria Percival has signed a new contract at the club until 2022.
The New Zealander joined Spurs from West Ham in 2019 and has gone on to make 38 appearances in all competitions for the Lilywhites.
Percival played in 16 games in the Women's Super League in 2020-21 as Spurs finished eighth in the table picking up 20 points along the way in total she played in 17 out of a possible 23 in all competitions.
She holds a record 151 appearances for New Zealand after making her debut at just 16 years old.
The 31-year-old adds experience and leadership to the Spurs side and is regarded as a crucial player in and around the dressing room.
Percival said: "We are trying to build as a team and keep pushing our way up the table to establish ourselves in the league.
"Keeping experienced players and players that can bring, I suppose, a leadership role to the team which I'm hoping to do is something that I'm honoured and want to make the most of."
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 3 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 7 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 8 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 9 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 10 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
Percival follows Rosella Ayane and Shelina Zadorsky by penning new deals in north London ahead of the 2021-22 season.