Returning Busby on target for the Greens
HENDON cruised past Cray Wanderers on Sunday courtesy of a stunning strike from Jamie Busby in a 2-0 win at Vale Farm. The Greens already led by Yacine Hamada s close-range finish when Busby powered in a spectacular 25-yard strike...
HENDON cruised past Cray Wanderers on Sunday courtesy of a stunning strike from Jamie Busby in a 2-0 win at Vale Farm.
The Greens already led by Yacine Hamada's close-range finish when Busby powered in a spectacular 25-yard strike just after half-time to wrap up a comfortable Hendon win.
Busby was brought into the starting line-up in place of Harry Hunt, as manager Gary NcCann freshened up the side that defeated Margate in the FA Cup a week earlier.
l A LATE collapse allowed Hendon to squander three points against Margate on Tuesday night, as they fell to a 2-1 defeat, deapite Glenn Garner's second-half goal which gave the Greens the lead.
l KENTISH Town threw away a 2-0 lead as they tumbled out of the FA Vase at the second qualifying round stage with a 3-2 defeat to London Colney on Saturday.
A first-half double from Mariusz Serwin appeared to have Rakatahr Hudson's side coasting into the next round at Copthall Stadium, but injuries to Joe O'Connor and Kesi Dryden allowed the game to swing in favour of the visitors.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 6 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Hampstead Heath past and present at new exhibition of London
Colney scored twice without reply in the second half, hitting the winner three minutes from the end.