Returning Busby on target for the Greens
HENDON cruised past Cray Wanderers on Sunday courtesy of a stunning strike from Jamie Busby in a 2-0 win at Vale Farm. The Greens already led by Yacine Hamada s close-range finish when Busby powered in a spectacular 25-yard strike...
HENDON cruised past Cray Wanderers on Sunday courtesy of a stunning strike from Jamie Busby in a 2-0 win at Vale Farm.
The Greens already led by Yacine Hamada's close-range finish when Busby powered in a spectacular 25-yard strike just after half-time to wrap up a comfortable Hendon win.
Busby was brought into the starting line-up in place of Harry Hunt, as manager Gary NcCann freshened up the side that defeated Margate in the FA Cup a week earlier.
l A LATE collapse allowed Hendon to squander three points against Margate on Tuesday night, as they fell to a 2-1 defeat, deapite Glenn Garner's second-half goal which gave the Greens the lead.
You may also want to watch:
l KENTISH Town threw away a 2-0 lead as they tumbled out of the FA Vase at the second qualifying round stage with a 3-2 defeat to London Colney on Saturday.
A first-half double from Mariusz Serwin appeared to have Rakatahr Hudson's side coasting into the next round at Copthall Stadium, but injuries to Joe O'Connor and Kesi Dryden allowed the game to swing in favour of the visitors.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
Colney scored twice without reply in the second half, hitting the winner three minutes from the end.