Returning Busby on target for the Greens
HENDON cruised past Cray Wanderers on Sunday courtesy of a stunning strike from Jamie Busby in a 2-0 win at Vale Farm. The Greens already led by Yacine Hamada s close-range finish when Busby powered in a spectacular 25-yard strike...
HENDON cruised past Cray Wanderers on Sunday courtesy of a stunning strike from Jamie Busby in a 2-0 win at Vale Farm.
The Greens already led by Yacine Hamada's close-range finish when Busby powered in a spectacular 25-yard strike just after half-time to wrap up a comfortable Hendon win.
Busby was brought into the starting line-up in place of Harry Hunt, as manager Gary NcCann freshened up the side that defeated Margate in the FA Cup a week earlier.
l A LATE collapse allowed Hendon to squander three points against Margate on Tuesday night, as they fell to a 2-1 defeat, deapite Glenn Garner's second-half goal which gave the Greens the lead.
You may also want to watch:
l KENTISH Town threw away a 2-0 lead as they tumbled out of the FA Vase at the second qualifying round stage with a 3-2 defeat to London Colney on Saturday.
A first-half double from Mariusz Serwin appeared to have Rakatahr Hudson's side coasting into the next round at Copthall Stadium, but injuries to Joe O'Connor and Kesi Dryden allowed the game to swing in favour of the visitors.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 10 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
Colney scored twice without reply in the second half, hitting the winner three minutes from the end.