Returning Busby on target for the Greens
HENDON cruised past Cray Wanderers on Sunday courtesy of a stunning strike from Jamie Busby in a 2-0 win at Vale Farm. The Greens already led by Yacine Hamada s close-range finish when Busby powered in a spectacular 25-yard strike...
HENDON cruised past Cray Wanderers on Sunday courtesy of a stunning strike from Jamie Busby in a 2-0 win at Vale Farm.
The Greens already led by Yacine Hamada's close-range finish when Busby powered in a spectacular 25-yard strike just after half-time to wrap up a comfortable Hendon win.
Busby was brought into the starting line-up in place of Harry Hunt, as manager Gary NcCann freshened up the side that defeated Margate in the FA Cup a week earlier.
l A LATE collapse allowed Hendon to squander three points against Margate on Tuesday night, as they fell to a 2-1 defeat, deapite Glenn Garner's second-half goal which gave the Greens the lead.
l KENTISH Town threw away a 2-0 lead as they tumbled out of the FA Vase at the second qualifying round stage with a 3-2 defeat to London Colney on Saturday.
A first-half double from Mariusz Serwin appeared to have Rakatahr Hudson's side coasting into the next round at Copthall Stadium, but injuries to Joe O'Connor and Kesi Dryden allowed the game to swing in favour of the visitors.
- 1 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 2 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 3 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 7 New Camden real-time pollution sensors show 'unhealthy' borough air
- 8 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 9 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
- 10 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
Colney scored twice without reply in the second half, hitting the winner three minutes from the end.