Pavely brace inspires Highgate Reserves to away reward
- Credit: Archant
Barnet Sunday Football League Division One: Edmonton Rovers 1 Highgate Albion Reserves 3
Highgate Albion Reserves won 3-1 at Edmonton Rovers in the Barnet Sunday Football League Division One last weekend.
Two James Pavely goals proved the difference for the visitors while Michael Yeboah was also on target.
Rovers had an outside chance of finishing second before the game, but Highgate were in the best position to take that spot and they took the lead after just 11 minutes.
Pavely was left unmarked to head in from a corner, but some dogged defending from the home side saw no further goals in the first half.
Albion debutant Yeboah made it 2-0 in the 53rd minute with a spectacular volley, putting his side well in control, however, the hosts soon replied.
Rovers pulled one back four minutes later through Aiden Kavanagh, but Paveley ended their comeback hopes with his second in the 61st minute.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 5 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 6 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
He raced away and produced a quality strike that skidded off the wet surface and nestled into the bottom corner.
It helped Highgate claim an excellent away win and they visit runaway leaders Zenit St Whetstone next, on Sunday, looking for more success in their bid to end the campaign as high as possible.