Reknapp rings the changes with his backroom staff
New Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has wasted little time in reshuffling the coaching staff at the Lane following his shock move from Portsmouth over the weekend, writes Patrick Mooney. Tottenham sacked to Juande Ramos, sporting director Damien Comolli, al
New Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has wasted little time in reshuffling the coaching staff at the Lane following his shock move from Portsmouth over the weekend, writes Patrick Mooney.
Tottenham sacked to Juande Ramos, sporting director Damien Comolli, along with first-team coaches Gus Poyet and Marcos Alvarez late on Saturday night after the club's worst-ever start to league season.
Redknapp, who will be in sole charge of all the buying and selling at the club, has appointed Kevin Bond as part of his new coaching staff.
Bond has a long association with Redknapp, having worked with him at Portsmouth and Southampton. The 51-year-old has been out of work since being sacked as Bournemouth manager at the start of September.
You may also want to watch:
Development squad coach Clive Allen, who was officially in charge, along with youth team manage Alex Inglethorpe for Sunday's home game against Bolton, is also expected to have a role in Redknapp's new-look backroom team as could former Tottenham midfielder Tim Sherwood.
Redknapp joined Allen on the manager's dug-out on Sunday and inspired Tottenham to their first Premier League win of the season with goals from Roman Pavlyuchenko and Darren Bent.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill