Record medal haul for Haringey Aquatics at 2017 London Swimming Regional Age Group Championships
- Credit: Archant
Max Green claims five golds for north London club in memorable day for all, as a new club record is set
Haringey Aquatics secured no less than ten medals at the 2017 London Swimming Regional Age Group Championships (14 and under); a record in the club’s 70-year history.
Max Green led the way with five golds in the 50m and 100m freestyle events as well as the 50m, 100m and 200m breaststroke category.
The 13-year-old also picked up bronze in the 200m individual medley while Gareth Davies impressed.
Davies claimed silver in the 200m butterfly and bronze in the 100m butterfly while Max Hanson won silver in the 50m breaststroke category.
You may also want to watch:
Evie Wootton, Travis Kupczyk Akomeah and Hayden Hoole also caught the eye for Haringey Aquatics.
Head coach Paul Doyle said: “It was another record-breaking performance for us at the Regionals with fantastic achievements from our young swimmers. As a relatively small club in the London region, this level of success is unprecedented.”
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke