Record medal haul for Haringey Aquatics at 2017 London Swimming Regional Age Group Championships
- Credit: Archant
Max Green claims five golds for north London club in memorable day for all, as a new club record is set
Haringey Aquatics secured no less than ten medals at the 2017 London Swimming Regional Age Group Championships (14 and under); a record in the club’s 70-year history.
Max Green led the way with five golds in the 50m and 100m freestyle events as well as the 50m, 100m and 200m breaststroke category.
The 13-year-old also picked up bronze in the 200m individual medley while Gareth Davies impressed.
Davies claimed silver in the 200m butterfly and bronze in the 100m butterfly while Max Hanson won silver in the 50m breaststroke category.
You may also want to watch:
Evie Wootton, Travis Kupczyk Akomeah and Hayden Hoole also caught the eye for Haringey Aquatics.
Head coach Paul Doyle said: “It was another record-breaking performance for us at the Regionals with fantastic achievements from our young swimmers. As a relatively small club in the London region, this level of success is unprecedented.”
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 4 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 5 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure