Rankin strikes as Hendon overcome Thurrock
- Credit: Archant
Ryman League: Hendon 1 Thurrock 0
Isaiah Rankin grabbed the only goal of the game as Hendon overcame struggling Thurrock to go 10th in the Ryman League Premier Division table.
Carl McCluskey should have put the Greens ahead at Vale Farm, while Danny Green and Mark Onyemah both missed chances for the visitors.
But it was Hendon who edged in front 13 minutes into the second half, as McCluskey and Jack Bennett combined to set up Rankin, who slotted home.
Thurrock found home goalkeeper Berkley Laurencin in good form as they strove in vain for an equaliser, while Belal Aite-Ouakrim might have sealed the points with a second goal, but misdirected his shot.
You may also want to watch:
The Greens’ game at Metropolitan Police on Saturday was postponed due to bad weather, as was Wingate & Finchley’s home match with Lowestoft.
Haringey Borough, who have also suffered a string of postponements, are due to host Harefield United tonight (Thursday), kick-off 7.45pm.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council