Rankin strikes as Hendon overcome Thurrock
- Credit: Archant
Ryman League: Hendon 1 Thurrock 0
Isaiah Rankin grabbed the only goal of the game as Hendon overcame struggling Thurrock to go 10th in the Ryman League Premier Division table.
Carl McCluskey should have put the Greens ahead at Vale Farm, while Danny Green and Mark Onyemah both missed chances for the visitors.
But it was Hendon who edged in front 13 minutes into the second half, as McCluskey and Jack Bennett combined to set up Rankin, who slotted home.
Thurrock found home goalkeeper Berkley Laurencin in good form as they strove in vain for an equaliser, while Belal Aite-Ouakrim might have sealed the points with a second goal, but misdirected his shot.
You may also want to watch:
The Greens’ game at Metropolitan Police on Saturday was postponed due to bad weather, as was Wingate & Finchley’s home match with Lowestoft.
Haringey Borough, who have also suffered a string of postponements, are due to host Harefield United tonight (Thursday), kick-off 7.45pm.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate