Princely performance from Charles as Hendon triumph at Ickenham
- Credit: Archant
Harry Charles scored two tries and set up another two as a 20-12 win at Ickenham strengthened Hendon’s stranglehold on sixth place in Herts/Middlesex Division Two.
The visitors missed an early penalty and went behind to a kick at the other end. But, from the restart, Paul Geraghty collected the high ball and made the initial break before Charles ran from the halfway line to the 22 – and Jamie Connolly was on hand to finish.
An almost identical move immediately followed as Geraghty fed Charles, who crashed through several tackles and this time passed to Mike Evan-Jones to touch down.
Ickenham’s heavier pack gained the upper hand but Connolly and Brian O’Regan defended well – and O’Regan fed Charles, who ran through from halfway again and went all the way to the line himself.
Ickenham narrowed the gap with a penalty – and they added two more after the interval to cut the deficit to just three points with 10 minutes to go.
But Hendon put the game beyond their hosts with a driving maul, rumbling forward from the 22 and crossing the line, allowing Charles to score his second try from the back of the pack.
- 1 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 6 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 7 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 8 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 9 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate