Princely performance from Charles as Hendon triumph at Ickenham
- Credit: Archant
Harry Charles scored two tries and set up another two as a 20-12 win at Ickenham strengthened Hendon’s stranglehold on sixth place in Herts/Middlesex Division Two.
The visitors missed an early penalty and went behind to a kick at the other end. But, from the restart, Paul Geraghty collected the high ball and made the initial break before Charles ran from the halfway line to the 22 – and Jamie Connolly was on hand to finish.
An almost identical move immediately followed as Geraghty fed Charles, who crashed through several tackles and this time passed to Mike Evan-Jones to touch down.
Ickenham’s heavier pack gained the upper hand but Connolly and Brian O’Regan defended well – and O’Regan fed Charles, who ran through from halfway again and went all the way to the line himself.
Ickenham narrowed the gap with a penalty – and they added two more after the interval to cut the deficit to just three points with 10 minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
But Hendon put the game beyond their hosts with a driving maul, rumbling forward from the 22 and crossing the line, allowing Charles to score his second try from the back of the pack.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars