Princely performance from Charles as Hendon triumph at Ickenham
- Credit: Archant
Harry Charles scored two tries and set up another two as a 20-12 win at Ickenham strengthened Hendon’s stranglehold on sixth place in Herts/Middlesex Division Two.
The visitors missed an early penalty and went behind to a kick at the other end. But, from the restart, Paul Geraghty collected the high ball and made the initial break before Charles ran from the halfway line to the 22 – and Jamie Connolly was on hand to finish.
An almost identical move immediately followed as Geraghty fed Charles, who crashed through several tackles and this time passed to Mike Evan-Jones to touch down.
Ickenham’s heavier pack gained the upper hand but Connolly and Brian O’Regan defended well – and O’Regan fed Charles, who ran through from halfway again and went all the way to the line himself.
Ickenham narrowed the gap with a penalty – and they added two more after the interval to cut the deficit to just three points with 10 minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
But Hendon put the game beyond their hosts with a driving maul, rumbling forward from the 22 and crossing the line, allowing Charles to score his second try from the back of the pack.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 8 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site