Hornsey set for pivotal clash with rivals Highgate
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The Tivoli Road club are still fighting for promotion despite only drawing last weekend
Hornsey will hope to earn a win in Middlesex County Division Two at Highgate this weekend which will keep alive their faint hopes of a second-placed finish.
Garfield Struthers' side trail Brentham by 17 points with only four matches left, but Saturday's fixture schedule makes it a pivotal day.
If Hornsey can win away to rivals Highgate and fourth in the table Brondesbury get the better of Brentham, it will open up the promotion battle and set up an intriguing finale.
The Tivoli Road club had to settle for a winning draw at home to Enfield last weekend, ending on 181-7 in pursuit of a 202 target.
You may also want to watch:
Arthur George, Bhasker Patel, Habib Younis and Joseph Emanuel picked up two wickets each to restrict the visitors to a solid 201-8.
In reply, Hornsey struggled and had to rely on Emanuel's 39 and Lesbourne Edwards, who scored 49 not out, to get them out of trouble.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Struthers' side could not get up to the victory target, though, but did earn four points.