Haringey look for home comforts against Tonbridge
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tom Loizou’s team will host Tonbridge Angels in the Bostik Premier play-off semi-final
After securing a home game in the Bostik Premier play-off semi-final, Haringey Borough will now aim to make it count this evening at Coles Park.
Tom Loizou’s team lost on the final day of the campaign at Dorking Wanderers, but they still ended the season in a remarkable third spot.
Given they only entered the division at the start of the term, after promotion via the Bostik North play-offs, it has been a fine 12 months for the club.
Yet Borough don’t want it to end and after having a massive crowd for the FA Cup first round tie against AFC Wimbledon at Coles Park in November, they will hope for a similar big attendance at home to Tonbridge Angels tonight.
You may also want to watch:
Angels finished fourth, following a 2-1 loss at Potters Bar Town on the final-day, but they defeated Haringey 1-0 back in January.
Loizou’s Borough enter the tie following three straight defeats, the latest a 2-0 loss at Dorking on Saturday, but on their day they can beat anyone.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
If they can produce their best and win, the Bostik Premier play-off final will take place on Monday, May 6 before a Super play-off final occurs on May 11.