Haringey look for home comforts against Tonbridge
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tom Loizou’s team will host Tonbridge Angels in the Bostik Premier play-off semi-final
After securing a home game in the Bostik Premier play-off semi-final, Haringey Borough will now aim to make it count this evening at Coles Park.
Tom Loizou’s team lost on the final day of the campaign at Dorking Wanderers, but they still ended the season in a remarkable third spot.
Given they only entered the division at the start of the term, after promotion via the Bostik North play-offs, it has been a fine 12 months for the club.
Yet Borough don’t want it to end and after having a massive crowd for the FA Cup first round tie against AFC Wimbledon at Coles Park in November, they will hope for a similar big attendance at home to Tonbridge Angels tonight.
You may also want to watch:
Angels finished fourth, following a 2-1 loss at Potters Bar Town on the final-day, but they defeated Haringey 1-0 back in January.
Loizou’s Borough enter the tie following three straight defeats, the latest a 2-0 loss at Dorking on Saturday, but on their day they can beat anyone.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
If they can produce their best and win, the Bostik Premier play-off final will take place on Monday, May 6 before a Super play-off final occurs on May 11.