Haringey look for home comforts against Tonbridge
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tom Loizou’s team will host Tonbridge Angels in the Bostik Premier play-off semi-final
After securing a home game in the Bostik Premier play-off semi-final, Haringey Borough will now aim to make it count this evening at Coles Park.
Tom Loizou’s team lost on the final day of the campaign at Dorking Wanderers, but they still ended the season in a remarkable third spot.
Given they only entered the division at the start of the term, after promotion via the Bostik North play-offs, it has been a fine 12 months for the club.
Yet Borough don’t want it to end and after having a massive crowd for the FA Cup first round tie against AFC Wimbledon at Coles Park in November, they will hope for a similar big attendance at home to Tonbridge Angels tonight.
Angels finished fourth, following a 2-1 loss at Potters Bar Town on the final-day, but they defeated Haringey 1-0 back in January.
Loizou’s Borough enter the tie following three straight defeats, the latest a 2-0 loss at Dorking on Saturday, but on their day they can beat anyone.
- 1 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 4 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 10 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
If they can produce their best and win, the Bostik Premier play-off final will take place on Monday, May 6 before a Super play-off final occurs on May 11.