Players tee it up at Finchley golf tournament
SEVERAL Middlesex players, including skipper Ed Smith, teed up in the fourth annual Middlesex CCC golf day at Finchley GC, writes Patrick Mooney. The winners were the Caitlin 1 team of Tim Peters, Steve Rylands, Leon Douch and Kevin Osborn, who finished w
SEVERAL Middlesex players, including skipper Ed Smith, teed up in the fourth annual Middlesex CCC golf day at Finchley GC, writes Patrick Mooney.
The winners were the Caitlin 1 team of Tim Peters, Steve Rylands, Leon Douch and Kevin Osborn, who finished with 130 stableford points.
The runners-up were Buss Murton (126), which included Middlesex chief executive Vinny Codrington, John Kings, Stuart Burnop and Anthony Gerrard-White.
Ladbrokes 1 (119) were third on a count back. The top three teams received trophies from the sponsors Ladbrokes.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Caulfield, of the Mantyle team, won nearest the pin competition at the par-3 12th hole, while Marl Glanville (Blank Canvas) won the longest drive. Both received a £50 Ladbrokes betting voucher.
Other Middlesex players to walk the fairways included Nick Compton, who plays off a seven handicap, Ed Joyce (10), Shaun Udal (12), Dan Housego (12), second team coach Richard Scott (8) and ex-coach John Emburey (14).
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage