Players tee it up at Finchley golf tournament
SEVERAL Middlesex players, including skipper Ed Smith, teed up in the fourth annual Middlesex CCC golf day at Finchley GC, writes Patrick Mooney. The winners were the Caitlin 1 team of Tim Peters, Steve Rylands, Leon Douch and Kevin Osborn, who finished w
SEVERAL Middlesex players, including skipper Ed Smith, teed up in the fourth annual Middlesex CCC golf day at Finchley GC, writes Patrick Mooney.
The winners were the Caitlin 1 team of Tim Peters, Steve Rylands, Leon Douch and Kevin Osborn, who finished with 130 stableford points.
The runners-up were Buss Murton (126), which included Middlesex chief executive Vinny Codrington, John Kings, Stuart Burnop and Anthony Gerrard-White.
Ladbrokes 1 (119) were third on a count back. The top three teams received trophies from the sponsors Ladbrokes.
Colin Caulfield, of the Mantyle team, won nearest the pin competition at the par-3 12th hole, while Marl Glanville (Blank Canvas) won the longest drive. Both received a £50 Ladbrokes betting voucher.
Other Middlesex players to walk the fairways included Nick Compton, who plays off a seven handicap, Ed Joyce (10), Shaun Udal (12), Dan Housego (12), second team coach Richard Scott (8) and ex-coach John Emburey (14).
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 9 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 10 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised