Perry Groves and Andy Sinton want to see comebacks by footballing over 35s.
FOOTBALL pundit STEVE CLARIDGE, former Arsenal player Perry Groves, England internationl and ex-Tottenham player Andy Sinton and former Charlton star Nicky Johns turned up at the new Powerleague pitches to lend their support for this brand new football pr
FOOTBALL pundit STEVE CLARIDGE, former Arsenal player Perry Groves, England internationl and ex-Tottenham player Andy Sinton and former Charlton star Nicky Johns turned up at the new Powerleague pitches to lend their support for this brand new football programme encouraging the over-35 male to get back into football.
FOOTBALL REPLAY will be officially launched during the World Cup on Sunday 13th June, operating at 45 centres across the UK with over 10,000 players forecasted to play every week.
It is specifically created for men who would love to get back into football but in a fun, relaxed and friendly way.
Football REPLAY offers the chance to play again by being able to offer the same place, same time every week, along with smaller pitches.
You may also want to watch:
Sport England's Chair, Richard Lewis, said: "This is a great chance for men to rediscover their love of football, just at the age when some are considering hanging up their boots. Football Replay will open up new opportunities for men who want to take part in football in a fun and friendly environment."
This fun programme focuses more around having fun rather than competitive football and as everyone is in the same boat the emphasis is placed more on style and skills rather than 'blood & guts' football, such as no sliding tackles, therefore minimising the injury risk.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
You can choose to play at one of the pre-set kick off times to suit: either 2.00pm, 4.00pm or 6.00pm and the sessions will usually last for around an hour. Although all players will be asked to pre-register, a 'turn up and play' option will still be offered.
For more info go to www.footballreplay.net