Parliament Hill Bowling Club offers coaching to students from Camden Centre for Learning
- Credit: Archant
Parliament Hill Bowling Club has offered coaching to students from the Camden Centre for Learning as part of their GCSE PE exams.
Bowls is now part of the school’s curriculum, and Parliament Hill has given five pupils a chance to specialise in bowls as one of their practical assessments.
They have been involved in coaching sessions since April, learning the sport and its green etiquette.
The pupils recently took their final assessments and Parliament Hill coach Derek Mennell passed them as competent to bowls, and also on their green etiquette – just as every other club member would have to pass.
Mennell said: “The club hope this opportunity will be taken up by more schools as the Camden Centre for Learning have taken the incentive and proved that bowls can be played by people of any age.”
You may also want to watch:
CCfL PE teacher Jay Harris said: “The school is delighted the experience has been so positive and that the students have engaged so well with bowls. We’re very appreciative of the opportunity that Parliament Hill has given to our students.”
Anyone interested in playing bowls at Parliament Hill should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day