Palmer’s hat-trick helps Hampstead Ladies to another league win against New Ash Green
- Credit: Archant
Micha Palmer ran in a hat-trick as Hampstead Ladies continued their successful start to the season with their second successive league win, triumphing 26-5 away at New Ash Green.
In a tough game against much -improved opponents, the home side proved a real match both at scrum time and in open play.
New Ash took an early lead with a break down the outside, but Hampstead started to put the pressure on and came back to score twice in the first half as Palmer used her pace to exploit space on the wings.
With the forward pack solid both at the scrum and the line-out, the visitors continued to dominate in the back line and the impressive Palmer scored her third try after the interval.
Nadine Mason-Shirley and captain Fran Hall also put in strong performances in the midfield, making some fantastic tackles and some useful breaks.
You may also want to watch:
The fourth try followed a fine passage of play from the forward pack, leaving New Ash defending their try-line – and, after a patient build-up, Alex Bowtell found a gap and powered over the line, rounding off an outstanding performance which was rewarded with the forward of the match award.
Hampstead were unable to get a fifth try and secure a bonus point but they go into their next match at Hammersmith & Fulham with confidence and momentum after their perfect start to the campaign.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 8 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
Hall said: “It was another great performance. We worked on some aspects of the game during the week and you could already see these improvements on the pitch against New Ash Green.”
Captain Hall said: “It was another great performance from the girls. We worked on some aspects of the game during the week and you could already see these improvements on the pitch against New Ash Green.
“We didn’t get the bonus point but we got the most important thing - the victory. Next week we have a very important game against Hammersmith, a team that are always tough opponents.”